Is it possible to avoid tire skid marks from disappearing?

DocJones

I wonder if it was possible to avoid tire skid marks from disappearing over the course of a race. I'd love that to add immersion.

What is the vanishing calculated on anyway, time? Or is there a maximum length for the sum of all skid marks on a certain track so that they disappear once that maximum is matched and someone somewhere locks a wheel? Any chance to edit anything to keep the skid marks from disappering over the course of a race?

Thanks in advance.

Hm, i hope Scott will see that.
I think its a "tracksetting", but i am not sure.
I would love to see such small effects appearing all over the race too ;)

Here, here. That would definitely be a neat feature to have. I believe ARCA Sim Racing has figured out a way to keep the skid marks, etc. visible for the enter Race Weekend but I could be wrong.

ARCA Sim Racing is using a newer Version than rfactor1, and i think they have already marbles implemented in ARCA.

Ah, 10-4. I bought it a while back but was never able to find much use for it since the Open Servers were basically a graveyard.

Figuring out this stuff is all trial and error, the first place I'd look is the tdf and see what I could find.

Looking at the tdf I see a few things that stand out, I haven't got time to test this myself but give it a go.

Code:
// Max number of effects can now be specified as either an explicit number, or
// the token "NumWaypoints" which equals the number of waypoints on the particular
// track.

Code:
Reaction=skid Tex=skidhard.tga Max=2500 Pixel=NoReduceDetail 
Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha

Try increasing Max=2500 in the tdf for all roads. But be careful, I guess that each increment means 1 poly.

That makes since. However, you'll cause online mismatches. Increasing that by a factor of one million should be sufficient.

ARCA Sim Racing is using a newer Version than rfactor1, and i think they have already marbles implemented in ARCA.

Ah, 10-4. I bought it a while back but was never able to find much use for it since the Open Servers were basically a graveyard.

No marbles yet, we do have a progressive grip (livetrack) integrated though. You should see this for Rf2.

Beatnik seems we are drifting more into managed races (leagues) vs pickup, as such, the lobbies are not as populated.

Beatnik seems we are drifting more into managed races (leagues) vs pickup, as such, the lobbies are not as populated.

Oh no doubt, there are some solid leagues. Just unfortunately many people can't put as much time into leagues as they like. =\

Back