ISI Engine for sale or lease?

Steve888

Hi, I heard somewhere that the source code or something was for sale or lease for the ISI engine? is this true and does anyone have a link?

Timw@imagespaceinc.com and yes.

Sent from a mobile device using Tapatalk

A very game move son.
Putting your email on a public forum.

BTW this is the first chance I've had to give Grats for the sound of reason that you had on the GPL forums for so many years.
You have taken this to rFactor with aplomb and excellence. Having you is one of the better upgrades to rFactor in the last few years.
GPL is still the standard.
It's not the best but it consolidated the sim community and set up the real opportunities we have now for simulations.
I still take GPL out every week for an hour or so just to gloat to myself that I have a -ve rank and most sim racers have no idea what that means or how hard that is. It has been a pleasure to have traveled with you.
Thanks Tim,
for keeping the faith.

Rgds
B

Hi, I heard somewhere that the source code or something was for sale or lease for the ISI engine? is this true and does anyone have a link?

rFactor is extensible to the point of having a core engine suitable to Formula One levels.
They will most certainly license you for any valid application.
Many other sims also run the rFactor core so talk to the boys at ISI and they'll work something out.

Rgds B.

A very game move son.
Putting your email on a public forum.

BTW this is the first chance I've had to give Grats for the sound of reason that you had on the GPL forums for so many years.
You have taken this to rFactor with aplomb and excellence. Having you is one of the better upgrades to rFactor in the last few years.
GPL is still the standard.
It's not the best but it consolidated the sim community and set up the real opportunities we have now for simulations.
I still take GPL out every week for an hour or so just to gloat to myself that I have a -ve rank and most sim racers have no idea what that means or how hard that is. It has been a pleasure to have traveled with you.
Thanks Tim,
for keeping the faith.

Rgds
B

:) I'm trying desperately to turn rF2 into a viable replacement for GPL if I can. I know there's a crowd out there for it. Every dev seems to be trying to do the same, to different degrees, hoping I can take it further.

I don't mind getting emails from people. :)

Great Tim.
I think that an established benchmark with set cars and tracks that is established at the very early stages (like the original GPL benchmarks) and some locked in tracks.
Make a competition of the core units with locked configs.
As Mr Ford once said äny colour you like, as long as it is Black.
Make a rank with the tough cars on the tough tracks and don't compromise.
A solid rank is a genuine challenge.
If you get to Aus then I'll put you up for Bathurst. I'm a regular marshal and competitor around the track.

Rgds
B

I wish Simbin had picked up this game engine and made GTR3. Ah well, if wishes were fishes the seas would be full. It's going to be cool to see what companies pick this up and make from it though. I don't think we've seen the last of the contenders in the Sim Wars that is brewing for 2014-15.

Tim, what else could this game engine be used for? What other sorts of games, or is it sim racing only?

I wish Simbin had picked up this game engine and made GTR3. Ah well, if wishes were fishes the seas would be full. It's going to be cool to see what companies pick this up and make from it though. I don't think we've seen the last of the contenders in the Sim Wars that is brewing for 2014-15.

Tim, what else could this game engine be used for? What other sorts of games, or is it sim racing only?

Pretty much, yeah.

I don't think engine availability is going anywhere. Lots of nice sims came from the engine and I think that will not end soon. :)

Great Tim.
I think that an established benchmark with set cars and tracks that is established at the very early stages (like the original GPL benchmarks) and some locked in tracks.
Make a competition of the core units with locked configs.
As Mr Ford once said äny colour you like, as long as it is Black.
Make a rank with the tough cars on the tough tracks and don't compromise.
A solid rank is a genuine challenge.
If you get to Aus then I'll put you up for Bathurst. I'm a regular marshal and competitor around the track.

Rgds
B

I had a dream the other night where I won the lottery. First thing was to license all the cars and tracks I wanted for rF2... lol

So, there's always hope, I just need that lucky ticket. :)

Back