just purchased dvd version of game - 1.255 - bugs experienced

kemo

First time really playing the game, and I've had nothing but headaches since I installed it. It seems that every time I try to advance onto the "next" race, it shows me what track it is (in season), but it always loads "Joesville".. Example. I'm running the "ZR Challenge" series ,but every race is at Joesville. I'm supposed to be on race 3, but it goes right back to joesville! After being frustrated even more, I quit the game.

Nothing makes sense. My first run in the game, I started the "Rhez Amateur Derby", won the race, upgraded a few things and quit the game to do some things.

Now, all progress is lost on my "ZR Challenge series", and I'm back to being on the "Rhez Amateur Derby" season. And the second race is, you guessed it, Joesville.

Bought off of Amazon.com.

Any help is greatly appreciated at this point, very frustrating.

Last edited:
Sounds like rFactor isn't able to write to your user folder. Try running as Admin?

Thanks for the support, but this game is way too frustrating to say the very least.

That seems to have fixed it, however, this game is way too frustrating to keep me interested in the game or further diagnosing it(driving "realism").

again, thanks for the support.

The issue in this case isn't the game. It's Windows 7. You have to consider how Windows 7 works when installing any application or you will run into the same issue.

Actually, this is the only game that I have that issue with. I have absolutely no problem with any other racing sim like GTR or GTR2.

The issue is that the user folder requires certain permissions. If the application writes there you will have to run it as admin or change the location. I've run into the issue with plenty of programs, not just games. However, I do not have this problem with rfactor. What directory did you install it to?

my x86 folder, like everything else. Again, I have no problem with any other games, or programs for that matter.

If you installed the game in Program Files (or Program Files (x86)) you'll probably need to run the game as admin. Changes done inside those folders require admin rights and rFactors stores the user data within the installation directory unlike many other games which store them inside my documents or on other places.

Actually I find this quite good, because if you install the game on another drive than C, you won't loose any settings if you reinstall your computer.

Back