Just starting out

bluecowdog

Hi All,

Ok I have read the FAQ's and still have lots of questions.
My first and most important is in what order do you install what?

I am looking to do the on line nascar style racing and have already purchased the Logitech wheel and pedals.

I have tried to install the stockcar evolution (some kind of mod that said you had to install it before you installed anything else) and I am assuming(we all know about that word) that I need to install it before I install RFactor Racing. Is this true? If so, I have had issues installing that.

I am so lost and have looked all over for a step by step order of what to install first, second, etc.

Any help or links to directions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Tina

1. Install rfactor
2. Install the mod
2a. If its an installer, just choose ur rFactor like "G:\Games\Games\rFactor"
2b. If its an (self-extractive (*.exe)) archiv like a *.rar/*.7zip file, extract it and follow the instructions. U have to put the directories (GameData etc) into ur rFactor installation.

I also suggest getting Real Feel FFB plugin and take some time to set up your FOV for the best first time experience, took me ages to really get to like rFactor due to all settings that really makes all the difference.

Thank you very much. Gonna try that later today. This is all so confusing but I know it will be worth it in the end.

Tina

ok I installed Rfactor. When trying to install the mod from stockcar evolution, I keep getting errors. I know nothing about .exe and .rar files. I have run it as an administrator and still am having issues. Anybody got any suggestions in non technical terms that I might be able to understand? Thanks again for trying to help.

Ok I am going to post screen shots if that is ok

First I have downloaded the SCEModManager and am going to install.

my first question is it is telling me
*** IMPORTANT ***

Make sure SCEModManager 2011 is set to the correct folder location for StockCarEvolution2011.

Technical support: www.StockCarEvolution.com

What is the correct folder I should be putting it in.

It is telling me to install it to
C:\Program Files\SCEModManager

is this correct?

ok I have installed it. Now a screen comes up that tells me about clickteam install creator with two different links to their web site. Do I need to install that???? Tried to copy that screen but it wont let me. If you need to see it I will screen shot it and attach it. Please let me know

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR HELPING.

I'm prettty sure you dont need to install that too. It's basically an ad for the program installer that the mod uses

ok now that it is installed what do I do next? IF I click on the link on the desktop i get the following

Application Error
The application failed to intialize properly (0x0000135) click on OK to terminate the application

Did you copy and paste the rFactor.exe file into C:\Program Files\SCEModManager?

no can you please be a little more specific where and how to do that???

not seeing any would you be open to me calling you to have you walk me thru this?? Let me know thanks

Thank you for trying to help. Still don't have it working, but am waiting for the STOCKCAR Eveloution administrator to approve me to their forum so maybe I can get help there.

Back