Kangaloosh's Car Factory program?

GFraser1965

re: Kangaloosh's Car Factory program?

For some reason Kangaloosh's carFactory program no longer works for me.
It seems one of the latest Windows7 updates has somehow caused the program to no longer work.
Using a compatibility mode does not work either.

I've normally used this program to generate needed suspension .pm files.

Does anyone have a good alternative program to generate suspension .pm files they could share?? ............ something in excel maybe??

Last edited:
Thanks.

This spreadsheet is helpful, but what it does not do is allow you to enter the results to get the needed suspension parameters.

example:

In carFactory you might request the suspension has a rear rollcenter of say 150mm and a front rollcenter of say 50mm.
The program then generates a suspension with these needed parameters.

//====================

This program is designed more for someone who is actually looking at the car and can actually measure and enter the positions of the spindle, the suspension arms, the rollbars, etc.

It's useful but in a much different way.

I'm also still trying to figure out if I can simply uninstall one of the many Windows7 updates to get carFactory working again.
I'm showing about 20 Windows updates, during the time period where it stopped working. Maybe just un-installing one of these many updates will fix the issue.

Thanks.

This spreadsheet is helpful, but what it does not do is allow you to enter the results to get the needed suspension parameters.

example:

In carFactory you might request the suspension has a rear rollcenter of say 150mm and a front rollcenter of say 50mm.
The program then generates a suspension with these needed parameters.

//====================

This program is designed more for someone who is actually looking at the car and can actually measure and enter the positions of the spindle, the suspension arms, the rollbars, etc.

It's useful but in a much different way.

I'm also still trying to figure out if I can simply uninstall one of the many Windows7 updates to get carFactory working again.
I'm showing about 20 Windows updates, during the time period where it stopped working. Maybe just un-installing one of these many updates will fix the issue.

Before doing this roll-back, you may try the different compatibility modes offered by W7 in the properties of the program (XP by sample).

GFraser1965's trouble with carFactory seems to be same as mine.

I tried to use the suspension analyzing function of carFactory with various OS (Win2K, Win XP, Win7 32bit, Win7 64bit).
But all my efforts were in vain.

Before reinstalling My PC's OS (Win2K and Win XP) the software had worked properly for several years.
I can't get the reason why the software behavior changing with same PC hardware and OS.

There are the similar report on the carFactory page in rFactorCentral.
>My Kangloosh Car Factory does not work correctly anymore.
>At first, I thought it was something wrong with my new mod, but it does the same for all my previous mods that it worked on before.
>What's up? It sounds like someone else mentioned. It is in the Analysis 3D section.
>The aero display seems to work, but no bump steer graphs or 3D view of the suspension travel etc.
>DaveSR1 on Apr-14-2013

Thanks Lgel & Dhurara.
I tried the carFactory program on my sons computer which has Windows7 .......... but he has automatic updates turned off ........... and on his computer carFactory still works.
I also had an old Windows7 computer in the basement which hasn't been used in some time ........... so I unplugged the net, turned off Windows-Automatic-Updates ......... then reconnected it to the web and tried carFactory .............. again it works.
One of the recent April-2015 Windows updates won't allow carFactory to work.

I can't rollback my own computer as I've installed numerous programs in April ............. so my only idea is to try uninstalling the updates one-by-one until carFactory works again.

And yes I tried XP compatibility mode ............ this does not allow carFactory to work either.

Gfraser,

just take care.
Still being carfactory a great software, it is not 100% complete and, in any case, it produces complete wrong results with some things: suspension is one of them. At least it is my experience, comparing with (or, actually, taking the inputs from) professional suspension analysis software.

These issues are connected to both how it handle the .pm and .hdv files (reference planes, for example) and to real suspension geometry calculations, which are in Carfactory completely wrong.

To be honest, i would not rely on it regarding suspension geometry.

@silente: I wouldn't agree with your statement. Kangaloosh can't be that wrong when you read THIS ISI note.

@GFrazer1965: When you have figured out which update caused the problem, would you be so kind to post it here?

Thank you.

@ Raintyre ........ yes ............ no where near the abilities of carFactory

carFactory allows you to input the suspension parameters you want ........... rollcenters ............. camber gain on deflection ........... kingpin inclination .......... anti-squat ............ anti-dive ............. etc ............... you simply input the suspension characteristics you want and it will create the suspension that generates these characteristics.

After an uninstall/restart/uninstall/restart.... procedure, i found out that it was the KB3045999 update that causes the problem.

@ redapg >> Thank you ................. muchly appreciated ............. I'll try that.
:)

@redapg >> I had to also remove update KB3023215

Last edited:
These Windows Updates always screw something up :D. They should just leave it how it is right now...

@redapg >> I had to also remove update KB3023215

Sorry missed that posting.
But i have it installed and have no problem with it. :) just another "windows-mistery" :D

Short summary:
You have to remove
KB3022345
KB3023215 (sometimes)
KB3045999

...no end in sight. Here is the next one: KB3068708

New short summary:
You have to remove
KB3022345
KB3023215 (sometimes)
KB3045999
KB3068708

Seems there must be more Windows Updates that have killed CarFactory as it again no longer works ............... dang.

Yes, that's right and i have to say that i got tired with it.
I "solved" it with an old PC with XP installed to still be able to use CarFactory, if necessary.

Back