Lap Scoring Issues

Jeremy Enochs

Hi, I'm working on an oval with a standard layout. Timing and scoring works fine as you turn race laps. When going down pit road, the lap does not count and you have to go back around the track again to be scored. The xfinish sector stretches across pit road so I'm not sure where the issue is. My only guess is that this is an AIW issue?

View attachment 20134

Code:
Instance=xfinish
{
	Render=False VisGroups=(32)
	MeshFile=xfinish.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False 
	Response=VEHICLE,TIMING 
}
Instance=xsector1
{
	MeshFile=xsector1.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False 
	Response=VEHICLE,TIMING 
}
Instance=xsector2
{
	MeshFile=xsector2.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False 
	Response=VEHICLE,TIMING 
}
Instance=xpitin
{
	MeshFile=xpitin.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False 
	Response=VEHICLE,PITSTOP 
}
Instance=xpitout
{
	MeshFile=xpitout.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=False 
	Response=VEHICLE,PITSTOP 
}

The only AIW problem I can think of is that the waypoint distances on the pit path don't reset after the start/finish line. I remember that there is a feature in the AIW file that allows you to display a selected waypoint's distance from the starting like. At the waypoint just before the start/finish line, the distance should be roughly the length of the track in meters. At the waypoint just after the start/finish line, the distance should be close to zero. Check to see if these distances reset after the start/finish line.

PS: It's been too long since I've used the AIW editor, so I don't remember exactly what you have to do to get the thing to display the waypoint distance.

I would extend the xfinish.gmt object to fully cross main road and pitlane. There is a gap near the garage.

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

I would extend the xfinish.gmt object to fully cross main road and pitlane. There is a gap near the garage.

That's a very small gap. I think he'd know if he was managing to get the car through there, which is well away from the normal pit lane.

That's a very small gap. I think he'd know if he was managing to get the car through there, which is well away from the normal pit lane.
Do you have a better theory?
I always use big margins for xsectors in my tracks so despite even myself would not expect that that gap could cause problems, I cannot think of any other possible cause. It is so easy to check that it would be my first trial.

Does the pit itself work correctly (comes up with the pit icon if you go in without requesting a stop, disappears again when you leave)? Where are the sector objects, do they cover the entire width of the track?

Eusko, fair enough, but that gap is less than half a metre. You'd need to be pitting in the correct bay and make a mess of your parking to get around that, surely (with a small car). I do agree on the oversizing generally, though I've seen xpitins that extend onto the track which can cause some issues :p

Does the pit itself work correctly (comes up with the pit icon if you go in without requesting a stop, disappears again when you leave)? Where are the sector objects, do they cover the entire width of the track?

Eusko, fair enough, but that gap is less than half a metre. You'd need to be pitting in the correct bay and make a mess of your parking to get around that, surely (with a small car). I do agree on the oversizing generally, though I've seen xpitins that extend onto the track which can cause some issues :p

I believe the sectors not extending all the way across the track into pit lane is the issue. I'll correct this and report back. Thanks!

Back