last race lap not counted

• Thread starter Sebastian Röhn
  • Start date

Sebastian Röhn

Dear rFactor community,

maybe there exists a thread here with my topic, but I couldn't find something with the search function. Maybe my keywords were bad.

We have sometimes in our races at http://www.sim-racing.org the issue, that drivers got the checkered flag to early and their last lap is so not counted. I know, that you can receive this flag, during a driver swap when your are too long as spectator on the sever or as passenger in the vehilce. Or we speculate as a reason, if a vehicle of another class had a failure so it's DNF, but it's at the end of the race in between the standings of the slower class cause of the driven laps.

But we had now the same issue with not counted laps, where 2 drivers miss their last lap and there were no other vehicle class in between.

Are there any other known reasons, why this error appears?

Thank you for your help!

Last edited:
I can't remember the full details, but I think it is a known issue. I found this extract from ISI in some of my rFactor notes that I kept to help me when editing AI files. Unfortunately it is not complete & it's all I have, so it is difficult to decipher but it might give a clue, and maybe you could experiment with the TimedRaceNonLeaderLaps that it mentions (or search for more info on it) -

'Changed default behavior for ending timed races, but made behavior configurable. Previous versions of rFactor gave the checkered flag to any vehicle that crossed the finish line after time ran out. New behavior is to wait until the leader crosses the finish line before showing the checkered flag to all vehicles, unless the leader has crashed out or is running slowly. Behavior can be configured through the RFM/season/GDB entry "TimedRaceNonLeaderLaps".'

OK, found a tiny bit more on it here:
http://www.thepits.us/board/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=15154

// Method to end timed races. Previous releases of rFactor (versions 1.070 and before) gave the checkered flag to
// any vehicle that crossed the start/finish line after time ran out. The new default behavior is to wait until
// the leader crosses the start/finish line before waving the checkered flag. However, in the case that the
// leader has crashed out but is multiple laps ahead of the second-place vehicle, there needs to be a fail-safe
// case. This value defines how many laps non-leaders can complete after time runs out before being given the
// checkered flag; default=2 (which means that, in most normal circumstances, the checkered flag will be given
// when the leader crosses the s/f line), possible values are 1 (which would be the original rFactor behavior) or
// any positive integer.
TimedRaceNonLeaderLaps = 2

Thank you for your help. We will try a different setting at this parameter, but I'm not really confident that this will help us. The default values is 2, so that's our setting. We had cases, where the nonleaders were in the same lap with the leader, but their laps were not counted and they got the checkered flag 1 lap too early.

Yes I think you are right, I seem to remember having the same problem a couple of years ago and trying this, and if I remember correctly, I think I decided to stick to lap numbers instead of timed races after that.
Anyway good luck, please post back if it does work, or you find out how to solve it, it's always good to know.

Back