League Hosting requirements

Morgisto

hi I am a new member here and have a question which i am sure has been asked before.With us getting much faster ADSL in South Africa what are the requirements by ISI for the hosting of a server for our online enthusiasts.I have approached one of our big suppliers of Internet BW and have been asked to first obtain permission to host a server IN Sa other than the present local server which i feel monopolises the online gaming community.Are ther certain criteria which have to be adhered to to be able to start an online server in SA.

thanks

Morgasto

Hi Morgisto,

it doesn't make sense to post what is already written down in the "Read.chm" of rFactor one can find in the root folder of any rFactor installation, so I only post the topics of this file where you can find those information:

- Multiplayer Client Setup:
- Multiplayer Server Setup:

Just my two cents:

To be able to serve serious online racing a "thorough SERVER system" is required along with its placement in a stable Data Center with a stable broadband connection to the internet.

Hope this helps ...

Cheers
Frank

Frank thx for your reply ....... my question is a bit diff i think ..... when i approached a BW supplier they said i must forst get permission from ISI to be able to host a server using an ISI mod ....So my question would be is that true or not ?

OK, my bad !!! :eek:

... so you where just asking permission from ISI to host an rFactor Dedicated Server if I understand it now correctly !?!? So I let this answer to an ISI staff member ...

YEP exactly i want to try and get another server running in South Africa beacuse at present we only have one Racing server which is pretty much monopolised by the admin here so we basically have to do what they say and want

Limit of minimum upload speed can be very low even under 512 kb but it it is 512 kb upload set max players less only way to test online server get it much drivers and look at dedicated server how much % it have with 5 drivers or 50 on it

I have test edit the server settings a lot to try get max out of it.

Here is a multiplayer file that you lay in the userdata folder that you host server with copy your own multiplayer fil before you test this.

Edited Multiplayerfile 1.0

Edited Multiplayerfile so restarts have no delay (invisible cars on grid)
And server load game & tracks faster.

[ Multiplayer Server Options ]
(Edited)
Loading Sleep Time="2"
Loading Priority="2"

Wanna have more cars then mod allow.
(Edited)
Max MP Players="104"

If the upload drain your server so it lagg
(Edited)
Max Data Per Client="128"

Faster delay between sessions.
Allow Hotlap Completion="32" 32 means that hotlap is on warmup ! so 5 sec after P or Q time is on zero server shall chance to next session.

Delay Between Sessions="5.00000"
Delay After Race="20.00000"
This is minimum time i have test

IN PLR file you can set practice to 0 so server goes to qualify if you not wanna have practice .multiplayer file set password name ads as you want all this i set to ""

About host rfactor server everyone that want that is allowed to host servers.

A good prg to open ports for host rfactor i use this works great if you ar behind a router http://www.simpleportforwarding.com/

Last edited:
Frank thx for your reply ....... my question is a bit diff i think ..... when i approached a BW supplier they said i must forst get permission from ISI to be able to host a server using an ISI mod ....So my question would be is that true or not ?

There is no activation necessary to run a dedicated server, in other words you do not need a licensed copy of rFactor to host. I had to explain that to my dedicated server provider as well. As to the legality of hosting mods, that might be a different story, depending on the actual mod. Some are obviously not legal, but even the scratch made ones probably need the permission of all companies involved (car manufacturers whose names appear in the mod, sponsor names that appear on car decals or track side objects, etc.).

Back