Limit Server Practice Online ?

Darren O'Brien

Is there a way to limit how many laps ea Person does when i put a Server up for Online Practice?.

Some guys are doing 150-200+ laps and it be nice to be able to limit these guys or everyone to say 60,70 etc laps.

Is there a way to do this or is it a case of bite the bullet.

As far as I know is a lap limit only possible in a qualifying session. From the multiplayer.ini file...

Qualifying Time="10" // 0 = use default from GDB, otherwise this is # of minutes for qualifying (1-10 by 1, 15-90 by 5, 105-165 by 15)
Qualifying Laps="255" // 0 = use default from GDB, otherwise this is # of laps allowed in qualifying

As Sebastian said, its only possible to limit qualification number of laps.
But even this feature will not suit what you want since every time session is restarted they will have another chance of doing it.

If it was on our league (and if we need to make such a thing) we will inform all drivers that they have a X lap limit and if anyone exceed it then a penalty will be applied.

Let me ask a question please.

Why do you want to limit the laps for practice?

Normally every league/community should be happy about every driver who practises as much as possible.
Isn't that much better than to have drivers which don't practice, join the race and crash the whole grid in the first curve? ;).

You can always practice offline without the others noticing... People with more time to practice have an advantage you can't control.

Let me ask a question please.

Why do you want to limit the laps for practice?

Normally every league/community should be happy about every driver who practises as much as possible.
Isn't that much better than to have drivers which don't practice, join the race and crash the whole grid in the first curve? ;).

I'd say Yes and No.

Some in the League don't work, so 50 laps a day and by race time are doing 200-300 laps practice ?
Limits the laps that others can do that do work. Its just been brought up in the league.

Not fussed either way, we don't have cowboys in the league, all are pretty good guy's and girls, just trying to find a fair way for all :)

Well you could announce the track not before race day to minimize this effect.

It would be possible to do but it's not built in and would take a fair amount of work. I'd say don't worry about it.

Back