Limiter in pit lane

Quo-Fan

Hi,
under win7 i am shure that the limiter was ON by default after leaving the pit while driving through the pit lane.
Now under win8 (1255c.exe) the limiter is OFF by default, which means, if you don´t care, you get a drive through or something like that.
So limiter by deault ON is the much better way.
Compared controller.ini and player.plr from win7 and win8, but found nothing.
Can i change the behaviour of the limiter or is it a win8/1255c.exe "feature"?

Off will teach you habit.

If you want real experience you would turn limiter on and off manually.

Like Escape to pit, people are brainwashed to use all they have ever known. :)

What says escape means pits ? why ? Because it is the easiest key to find ? What about making it harder in future and have no button.

Some developer , do some thinking outside of the box, instead of same old same old....

You don't teach children to ride bikes with training wheels, not where I come from.

Another thing is it depends where on pit lane where you are and how close to the pit out line.

If you are in first few boxes at some circuits you may not need the pit limiter at all.

DD, that doesn't matter, I'm sure you would be confused too if you sat in a car and sometimes the pit limiter was on but other times it was off. It should be consistent one way or the other, not sometimes this way, other times that way. So unless it is a new feature in 1255c it is a bug.

Off will teach you habit.

If you want real experience you would turn limiter on and off manually.

Like Escape to pit, people are brainwashed to use all they have ever known. :)

What says escape means pits ? why ? Because it is the easiest key to find ? What about making it harder in future and have no button.

Some developer , do some thinking outside of the box, instead of same old same old....

You don't teach children to ride bikes with training wheels, not where I come from.

But this is nothing to do with what the OP asked - is the speed limiter behaving differently in Windows 8? I belive he is right that it is on by default in W7, but I don't see how the the Operating System can make any difference to this? If the setting can't be found, my only suggestion would be a reinstall (of the sim, not W8).

But this is nothing to do with what the OP asked - is the speed limiter behaving differently in Windows 8? I belive he is right that it is on by default in W7, but I don't see how the the Operating System can make any difference to this? If the setting can't be found, my only suggestion would be a reinstall (of the sim, not W8).

Maybe it´s a bug with the new 1255c.exe, that you need for win8.
Would be nice, if someone from stuff could confirm this...

But this is nothing to do with what the OP asked

And what does that matter............. :rolleyes:

So you can only have specific answer to specific question..............

if you say so..................

anyways..........

So limiter by deault ON is the much better way.

I do not agree, I outlined why, real drivers must turn on if you want to live in a fantasy world and leave On and use escape to pits and other fantasy "stuff" .....well be my guest. :)

DD, that doesn't matter,

Again you are nit picking.

I was not even addressing the rF issue it was a GENERAL COMMENT.

The OP said ON is better .........I do not agree ................are we allowed OPINIONS ffs.

So maybe I gave people a few reasons why to leave OFF , whats your reason for wanting it ON ?
Does not matter even what sim you talk about.
Real Life is OFF so why not do the same, makes sense to me. ?

imho sims should all be made with the limiter off, so you can make a mistake........... that is the whole idea..... :)

Whats is the problem with that ?

I had notice the same thing. Just got into a habit of turning it on before moving out. The button is on the wheel so it's just a flick of the thump and another to turn it off once out. It's really no big a deal and I didn't see it as a bug, Just another thing to think about when driving.

I had notice the same thing. Just got into a habit of turning it on before moving out. The button is on the wheel so it's just a flick of the thump and another to turn it off once out. It's really no big a deal and I didn't see it as a bug, Just another thing to think about when driving.

That is what i think too. It´s a 1255c bug and nothing else. Just put a sticker with "Limiter On" near my monitor at the moment...

And by the way, DurgeDriven:
I just explained a simple behaviour and asked what it could be...and you talk and talk and talk...

It is off by default starting with 1.255b and now 1.255c. There is no option to change it. I really didn't think I cared until I was doing an endurance race this weekend and after doing a driver swap I just drove out of the pit box thinking it would still be on from my team mate but it wasn't. So I ended up with a stop and go. I guess I learned my lesson and it will not be a problem next race.

I was told that c had no changed except the activation from the original 1255. I will ask.

Seems is is default to off, from what I can see (I didn't get answer yet).

I suspect this is more realistic anyway, as I know (in F1 at least) they have to turn it on as they leave the box, I believe?

Is it 100% working once you actually turn it on? Seems to be, for me... Just so I know whether it's a big or just a setting change.

I haven't had any issues with it. Works fine going out and coming in, Just remember to push the red button!

Though I'd agree that it was always on by default before with all the version from the start that I remember up till this latest 2 V1255b & now c I didn't see it as a bug, just a adjustment, something that took no time at all to get used to.

Over all the game is running as it used to with V1255 Trymedia activation, In fact it has stuff put back in it that was slowly taken away over the versions now. The H6, The Hammer all work now though I wouldn't use them they do work just for instants. My FFB was always set in negatives, Now it's inline with others I know. Mine for some reason was always opposite to most others, Though it was suggested that it was because I am left handed my game should be cock eyed as well! Haha.... I'm running a G25 so never had the issues that the G27 got. Still, Glad that's been resolved.

More realistic is not the problem, Tim. I would say limiter is on by default with any installer before 1255c and off with 1255c and nobody knows why. And yes, limiter works 100% when i turn on.
Driving around 7 years with limiter on while leaving box was a matter of habit...
Ok, it is as it is: i will hope, that don´t forget to turn limiter on in pitlane during the next races...

Answer:
Yes, changed this on purpose. For those that need to get use to it, it will cost them some penalties. But it will help the many people who give rF a try and cant figure out what is wrong with the controller because they cant get any speed.

Back