Looking for software to create rF1 hosting

F1Fan07

Search is failing me here with too many incorrect hits for the search terms I can think of...

Does anyone know of a source for code to create a service like the commercial rFactor hosting services offer (even if it's less-featured than the commercial ones)? Linux or Windows... I can work with either.

I have a leased dedicated server and my league has 5 or 6 members that currently host races on their own PCs at home. What I want to do is give them slots to use on my server without giving them access to the desktop (which is how I run my own sessions currently) or filesystem and also I don't want to have to admin everyone's sessions for them or be installing their mods either.

You could do some ASPX / PHP that calls the rFactor.exe with params. Also you must write a few .ini and maybe the .plr but you could do this in this way.

Anyways the scripts must have proper permission to run an executable. Be carefull this could be a thread in the system security.

If you don't want to dich into programming, you could create a user account in windows, enable remote control over terminal services and in the Enviroment tab you must check "Run this program at log on" and write the two textboxes pointing to the dedicated server.
In this way when the user log in he will see the dedicated rfactor server running only, no desktop, no start menu, nothing. And if he closes the dedicated server the session will end inmediately.

Back