Loose Object Properties Info

ddvpt

Hi, I'm currently working on a track that has sandbags placed in a few corners and I would like to add mass to them so that they can move when hit and cause damage. From what I've researched I need to add in the gdb file the mass, inertia, spring, damper and friction. Also the object needs to be sign, cone or post. I've tried a bunch of combinations with really huge mass but the sandbags keep reacting like a cone, sign or post, almost flying away when you hit them at high speeds. Can someone help me?

Hmmm, when you have used it in the correct way, with the correct entries in the *.scn file it normally should work.

Here is a quote from the rFcator V 1250 changelog:

Made properties of loose objects (cones, signs, etc.) configurable through track GDB file. Defaults can be set for each type, and can be overridden for specific instances. Values can be specified directly (with positive values) or relatively (by using a negative number which will be multiplied negatively by the original default value). Entering 0.0 for a property is the same as -1.0: neither input will change the property's value. Note that the physics sampling rate for loose objects is somewhat low (to keep CPU usage down), so there are limitations to what range of parameters can be used. If you simply want to increase the mass of an object, we'd recommend increasing all the parameters except friction by the same proportion (e.g. if you want to double the mass, also double the inertia values and the spring and damper). Format is "<type or instance name> = ( <mass>, <inertia x>, <inertia y>, <inertia z>, <spring>, <damper>, <friction> )". Hard-coded defaults for each type are given below: ◦CONE = ( 2.5, 0.25, 0.20, 0.25, 1425.6, 72.0, 0.80 )
◦POST = ( 1.2, 0.5, 0.1, 0.5, 400.0, 40.0, 0.80 )
◦SIGN = ( 5.0, 4.0, 2.0, 6.0, 1024.0, 44.8, 0.70 ) // default inertia parameters for signs are actually calculated based on geometry
◦WHEEL = ( 15.0, 0.7, 0.5, 0.5, 5625.0, 45.0, 1.0 )
◦WING = ( 10.0, 1.0, 0.5, 1.5, 3600.0, 60.0, 0.60 )
◦PART = ( 10.0, 1.0, 0.5, 1.5, 3600.0, 60.0, 0.60 )

I know that sandbags have almost no spring and a lot of damping and using the rectangular prism inertia equation I came up with the this

sign_sandbag=(250, 90.0, 95.0, 65.0, 200.0, 500.0, 0.8 )

these are my object properties on the .scn file

Instance=sign_sandbag16
{
Moveable=True MeshFile=sign_sandbag16.gmt CollTarget=True HATTarget=True ShadowReceiver=True ShadowCaster=(Static, Solid, 128, 128)
}

Also tried with mass values as high as 100000 but the object continues do react like a cone

I didn't play around with it yet, but maybe the important part is this:
"...Note that the physics sampling rate for loose objects is somewhat low (to keep CPU usage down), so there are limitations to what range of parameters can be used...."

Did you try something like this:
entry in gdb:
SIGN = ( 50.0, 40.0, 20.0, 60.0, 1.0, 100.0, 0.70 )

and in *.scn the same as you've posted, except the value "True" at HATTarget=, that can be False.
And if there is any changing in behaviour now, change it more and use small steps.

Thanks for this post. I am having the same problems with tyres in ociokart. I'll try tonight and feedback what I find out

I would also like to know how to prevent them from disappearing once being hit. Thx

enviado mediante tapatalk

Back