Loosing server connection?

outlaw81

Every time I go to try an join A race online it acts like its going to load then says "Lost server connection" what do I need to do to fix this?

Thanks

Is it always the same server or is the server on your own LAN/computer?

When im in the lobby and I click on a Boz racing server to join an unlocked one it loads the track an everything then says server lost and yes its on my computer trying to join somebody else race, it also does the same thing when I try an start my own race, down at the left hand side of the screen it says lost connection, then im stuck in their by my self. Do I need some sort of patch?

Thanks for your help

If it's also doing it when you try to create your own server and every server you join, then something seems to be blocking your connection. See the firewall document in your rfactor/support folder and follow the instructions there (regardless of whether you are joining or hosting).

Where is the rfactor/support folder? It lets me connect to the chat room but not able to join races.

Your rfactor folder where you installed rfactor, there is a subfolder called support. In it, there are a number of documents. See the FirewallGuide.pdf

Ok I did that but, I think my problem is not having the right car for the right tracks I have downloaded all the tracks from boz and sbs an some from rfactor central, how do you automatically get it to choose the right track for you so im not racing dirt cars on asphalt and asphalt cars on dirt when i go to play online? That may be my problem why its says lost connection then kicks me from the server and puts me back to the main home screen where my car is.

if you have the wrong track or car the server should let you through and load the game. when on the server it will either tell you you have a mismatch or boot you once arived.

Back