Low Brake Pressure?

larrycr47

I am a new rFactor user. I have a Logitech G27 wheel setup and have noticed, both in the demo and in the real sim, that the braking pressure is very low. In the setup screen I see the brake pedal shading following the full range of the brake pedal motion, but when driving on the track (Toban and others) the brakes are very weak. With ABS turned off I am unable to lock up the brakes, and generally have to use full braking well in advance of the various braking markers to get slowed sufficiently. Looking at the settings and changing the Controller 1 settings doesn't seem to affect the problem. Any suggestions as to where I can make adjustments to get this working right?

Thanks.

Stability control also acts as ABS, turn it off if it's on.

What car is this happening in?

Stability control also acts as ABS, turn it off if it's on.

What car is this happening in?

I was driving the Kodi.

Stability control was indeed turned on (Low). I turned it off and the braking is quite a bit better. They still feel pretty soft to me (not easy to lock up) but maybe that's just the way it is.

Thanks.

Does the pedal give 100% in rf/settings/controls?
slider should go up all the way when you press the pedal.

Not sure if you have an issue or not.

If your brake pedal is working properly then it seems a setup issue. I don't remember ISI-default settings in rf1 but typically you would want to tweak them a bit as default settings could be a bit off.
So checksum brake pressure, 100% brake pressure and putting the brake balance all the way to the front should lock your brakes. especially on the first laps where the brakes are still cold.

Its a matter of preference of course but 98/95% pressure and 55/45 balance should do the trick in most cases, or at least open wheelers. and you would be able to brake much harder as well and longer, and even into a turn if needed.

Just keep in mind the temps need to be there so the first 2 laps are in the bin for tires and brakes. after that you can properly use them to full effect.

Never really tried the Kodi but I can imagine its braking is not very good by default.

....Never really tried the Kodi but I can imagine its braking is not very good by default.

I would agree with that and as long as the brakes at other cars feel normal, it seems to be a Kodi-specific "problem".

Back