Making a car 4WD through upgrades?

SkilledRacer

I am trying to make it so that a car that was originally RWD in the HDV will become 4WD when a certain upgrade is selected, this is what I am trying at the moment:

View attachment 18690

Is there anything I am doing wrong or is this not even possible? Thanks in advance.

Could you post the whole [DRIVELINE] Section of the HDV file please.
And also the information if you want to use different engine files for RWD and 4WD.

Engine Power Only [DRIVELINE] Section:
View attachment 18696

Full Power [DRIVELINE] Section:
View attachment 18697

I've made 2 separate HDV's for both modes as shown, as I am trying to sort of replicate how the real life Hybrid LMP1's are when they have the KERS system engaged (thus why I would like to make them 4WD) but I am doing it in a way where you can switch between full power all the time and just engine power alone, kind of like back in the 80s with the Group C cars where they ran full power for qualifying and less power for the race.

There are some more HDV entries for the 4WD available, to give you the possibility to set it up.

I unfortunately had a HD crash not long ago and i've lost almost all data, including e.g. informations about physics, that i've had collected over the years.
But i post the lines from an original ISI car, that has some explaining comments:
Code:
RearSplitRange=(0.50, 0.05, 1)      // Torque split to the rear, defaults to 
RearSplitSetting=0                  // 50:50 if these entries aren't here. 
Pump4WDEffect=(1.0, 1.0, 1.0)       // Effect of various diff settings on 
Power4WDEffect=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)      // the center diff, then the front diff, 
Coast4WDEffect=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)      // and then the rear diff. Sorry, no 
Preload4WDEffect=(0.0, 0.0, 0.0)    // separate settings for each diff.

And your posted snippet of the Upgrades entries don't look wrong, you just have to take care for setting the brackets correctly.

Back