Max AI cars in dedicated server?

caracalla

Hi, nice of you ISI to open these forums. It was about time! :p

I have a question: Max AI cars in rFactor dedicated server seems to be 32, but why?

In SP I can put way more AI than that, but not on a dedicated machine. :confused:

Is there a way to fix that and go beyond 32 AI cars? (I need this for a Le Mans race).

Best regards!

Hi Cara,

so far there is no way to overcome this limitation. Even by editing the "multiplayer.ini" file on "Maximum AI="32"" with a value greater than "32", it will be restored to "32" as soon as you launch the rFactor-Dedicated-Server and therefore seems to be hard-coded.

Think about when rFactor was initially released/updated in 2005 - 2007. The computer system's hardware performance weren't as good as today and network bandwidth was even worse to most of us according to today's standards. Maybe ISI will raise this "built-in" limitation in rF2 to match today's systems hardware resources and network bandwidths ... but this is only an answer, an ISI employee can give.

Cheers
Frank

Thanks for answer, Frank.

I understand old hardware limitations, and 32 cars is a very respectable number of AI.

But that limit is not in Single Player, where you can run a 99 car grid, plus graphics and sounds (if you have the hardware, of course).

I expected at least the same from a dedicated machine.

Oh well, let's see in rFactor 2!

I need to rewrite what my ai talks about when crash where do i edit that ?

There's a program for Race 07 called MWeight that doubles the amount of AI that can be used on a dedicated server from 25 to 50. I wonder if there's something similar for RF?

More AI in multiplayer is very high on my rf2 wishlist.
Get rid of these limitations! :D

Back