Message of the day!

up2nogood

Hi,

In my rented server, i want to have a message come up when drivers enter!
In the Multiplayer.ini you have at the bottom MOTD, Message of the day! But this don't work when i type somethimg in there.
Is there another way to get this to work ;)

Cheers.

Try the dedicated server itself, page 3 of the server setup you get a MODT entry as well.

What do you expect MOTD to do? It doesn't send a chat message when you join the server if that is what you are expecting. It only shows the MOTD in the serverlist/matchmaker.

What do you expect MOTD to do? It doesn't send a chat message when you join the server if that is what you are expecting. It only shows the MOTD in the serverlist/matchmaker.
ohh so that's why! Thanks for letting us know :)

Try the dedicated server itself, page 3 of the server setup you get a MODT entry as well.
Can you explain abit more plz ;) i tried this in the server. i need to have a message come up when drivers enter the server :)

I'm sorry i missunderstood, i thought your MODT just did not work at all.

Noel is right, MODT will not do what you want. for that you need a plugin which sends messages to joiners (like the plugins we now see for RF2)
Sadly i dont know if such a plugin exists for RF1, i wanted this as well but could not find it. let me know if you do please :)

Its seems you need to place the exe file and message txt anywhere on the server (like desktop) once the server is running you also start the chat-service. edit message.txt to change the message.
you can start it now locally to see whats happening, pretty neat thingy.

One word of advise if you care for it, dont over-do the messages. this thing will keep popping up and if there is loads of text people will get annoyed with it :)

Thx up2nogood

Myself i'm looking for a plugin that sends the messages privately in /whisper so it does not distract anyone.

Back