Mismatch and Strange File Errors.

ZeosPantera

Some of the newer mods I have give me errors when I try and join my friends with the exact same mods. These are the errors.

Gmotor errors::
hlight_glowa from material GLOWA
texture IN from material IN
pit_crew from material pit_guy
common_paint from material WCCARBODY

I have no idea what it is talking about but after I hit enter 12 times I finally get into the server and receive "Modname.HDV mismatch". I then cannot see my car or anyone elses. They are either invisible or temp cars.

More info upon request. Thanks in advance.

I replaced the two instances of commonmaps and the six of pits from all the mods. It removed some of the errors but the HGLOWA error remains and I still can't see my own car or anyone else's when in a multiplayer server. Singleplayer is fine and so is the garage.

I had thought it was the custom shaders since this is only happening with new cars like the Ferrari 458 and Pagani Hyruauauaua.. I think also the old BMW E21's did that a long time ago.

I had my friend who hosts send me his entire "gamedata/shared" folder but that didn't solve anything.

Last edited:
Quicker way would be to install clean rf, and just start from beginning.

By the time I get all the addons back in and everything tweaked and modded It would probably just fail again. My rFactor folder is topping 70 gigs currently. And I had a fresh install with just the Locations folder pointed to via config on the original install and the suspect cars worked fine and others I had didn't. Biggest issue is having to change between installs and you need to edit everything twice and switch back and forth from one install to another.

Its all about the GLOWA now.. HGLOWA or whatever is the only error still showing. This is the ISI forums so I assume someone here knows what it is.

For HLGLOW (assuming headlight) and BLGLOW (break light) objects there are a few restrictions.
First one is related to animation frames. Both of them needs textures numbered based on base texture.
for example, if base texture is hlight_glowa.dds and assuming it is headlight texture (because od 'h' and name beginning) there must be 2 another texture available:
hlight_glowa00.dds and hlight_glowa01.dds (hlight_glowa.dds even defined in material - must not exists)
In case of BLGLOW objects, there are materials which have defined 3 frames. 00, 01 and 02. so you have to have at least 3, numbered textures.

Another thing to remember is transparency. Ussualy headlight and stop light materials has set blend:multiple option. It requires textures with alpha channel. Otherwise it may end up with error (I believe).

Another errors, like wccarbody related, may be just a side-effect of problem already described. After rfactor cannot find a texture, it goes wild loosing paths to other textures too. So, you have to solve 1st reported issue - then you will see if other issues gone or not.

Issue is searching my rFactor folder for "glow" finds very few items and none are related to glowa.

Try running in DX7.
The missing texture messages are for textures that are inside the .mas files but your computer ( or videocard) doesn't like them for some reason and won't load them so you get an error message.
The other players computers will load these textures so those players don't get an error message.
Usually running in DX7 resolves this.

Back