Missing sparks

Nanook

For some time now, I don't get any sparks from the cars if they run high kerbs, or from the underside of F1 cars when they are loaded up with downforce.

All in-game graffix are set to max/full, running in DX9.

I've even downloaded a new sparks texture, still nothing.

I get dust when going over dirt, smoke when the engine gets too hot or from tyre skids, & flames when the engine gets destroyed.

Any pointers any1?

Cheers, Nanook

Since you've downloaded textures and perhaps mods/addons, try creating a clean install into a clean folder (e.g. "rfactor clean") and test from there with no mods/addons with the default content.

Yeah, a clean install has fixed it, also put my userdata/player folder in & is still ok. Wonder which mod/add-on spannered it though:confused:

Thanks for the help.:)

Hello, I got same issue, don't know why but I can't see sparks neither in external / internal views, from any car / mod / track.

Any clues which be less fatal than reinstalling game or creating a fresh duplicated install? It must be some simple I guess, but none of two lines about "Spark" in *.PLR has fixed the problem.

Tks in advance

I didn't bother to look into it any further, the clean install is the one I mainly use now It's a very easy process & once i'd tried it without any mods or tracks added, I installed the mod I use most, tested again then added tracks & tested again, then copied my player folder over. All game setting & controller settings were good to go. Try it, you don't need to uninstall the one you're using now, just put it in a new folder with a different name.

I didn't bother to look into it any further, the clean install is the one I mainly use now It's a very easy process & once i'd tried it without any mods or tracks added, I installed the mod I use most, tested again then added tracks & tested again, then copied my player folder over. All game setting & controller settings were good to go. Try it, you don't need to uninstall the one you're using now, just put it in a new folder with a different name.

Doing that, let's see.

See you

No success! LOL

No Sparks in any mod or track even dragging the car's bottom on the floor!

PLR file has Sparks actived.

Awhile back I found a loose file that was overwriting the texture for sparks. I don't remember what it was called or where it was located, but deleting this file got my sparks back.

I can't see sparks at any timining, day or night. I've replaced the add-on TGA by the ISI's original one and nothing.

I guess I'll have to format my HDD - LOL

I guess I'll have to format my HDD - LOL

Over sparks not working :lol:

Try look into what Pants suggested. It must be something that uses the same material or texture name, check for SPARK.TGA or SPARK.DDS anyway. Look in all your gamedata folders, It could have been installed into \shared with a mod.
Also re-download commonmaps.mas file http://files.imagespaceinc.com/1255/GameData/Locations/commonmaps.mas Just incase that has been replaced by something.

If that doesn't fix it, make a temp folder on your desktop and cut and paste every track from locations but leave the isi tracks. If it works then, the problem will be in one of the tracks, add them one by one back in, or 2 by 2 etc, till the problem starts again, then you will know what track is causing it.

If the problem is still there after removing the tracks, remove all the mods from vehicles folder except the isi mods, then if it works, add the mods back in one by one.

[ED] Actually, before you check the tracks and mods, check the pace cars and temp cars. And the UI stuff, if your using a custom UI, that might also cause it.

Over sparks not working :lol:

Try look into what Pants suggested. It must be something that uses the same material or texture name, check for SPARK.TGA or SPARK.DDS anyway. Look in all your gamedata folders, It could have been installed into \shared with a mod.
Also re-download commonmaps.mas file http://files.imagespaceinc.com/1255/GameData/Locations/commonmaps.mas Just incase that has been replaced by something.

If that doesn't fix it, make a temp folder on your desktop and cut and paste every track from locations but leave the isi tracks. If it works then, the problem will be in one of the tracks, add them one by one back in, or 2 by 2 etc, till the problem starts again, then you will know what track is causing it.

If the problem is still there after removing the tracks, remove all the mods from vehicles folder except the isi mods, then if it works, add the mods back in one by one.

[ED] Actually, before you check the tracks and mods, check the pace cars and temp cars. And the UI stuff, if your using a custom UI, that might also cause it.

Thanks Miniak, I'll go through this check list tonight.

Back