Missing Texture in Showroom Model

Josh Cade

Hi all,

I am hoping you can help - I am missing a steering wheel texture in the showroom for all cars for the IDT 1995 IndyCar Mod (Reynard 94/95 and Lola 94/95).

I have tried everything, re-installed the Mod fresh, etc. STILL, no texture. It has to be something with my version of rFactor as I have seen other's screenshots with the textures from other users. If you aren't familiar with this mod, please tell me in general, how do the showroom files point to texture files and where is each located? I may be able to start trying to chase this down. I see the "steering wheel GMT" files in the GMT folder, are those the textures? Thank you!

See below for what I am seeing (a white wheel with no texture)...

3mp9.jpg

Hello.

At first the good news: there is no texture missing.
If it would be missing, you would get an error-message from rfactor.
And to answer your question: The textures are assigned in the properties of the 3D-models.

Can you tell me please which series you have chosen, 94 or 95 and which team/car?
Sorry but i can not find the shown car with Nr. 15 and the "MAC" skin in both series (94 and 95).

That the texture isn't shown "correctly" can have different reasons, so i need the exact car from your screenshot.

But maybe you just have a conflict with another mod.
Did you try to make a fresh rfactor-install with only the IDT 95/94 mod?

Or try to set the Shader Level in the rfconfig to DirectX9 and set, to test if it changes something, all grafical settings in game to max.

And how is it looking when you are on track in cockpit- and outside-view, is it looking the same?

Hello.

At first the good news: there is no texture missing.
If it would be missing, you would get an error-message from rfactor.
And to answer your question: The textures are assigned in the properties of the 3D-models.
Okay, good news and you are correct, I zoom in and it is a white texture instead of the black/carbon that other users have.

Can you tell me please which series you have chosen, 94 or 95 and which team/car?
Sorry but i can not find the shown car with Nr. 15 and the "MAC" skin in both series (94 and 95).
Ah.. I chose a bad screen shot, I have a custom 1993, 1989, etc carset. It is that way on the fresh install of 1994 and 1995 though. All car have a white wheel, Lola 95 and 95 and Reynard 95 and 94, Penske, Menard, etc.

That the texture isn't shown "correctly" can have different reasons, so i need the exact car from your screenshot.

But maybe you just have a conflict with another mod. (I think this is the case for sure after reading your post, I'll work on a fresh install)
Did you try to make a fresh rfactor-install with only the IDT 95/94 mod?
I have not tried a fresh install of rFactor, but I am guessing that is the issue - I have so many customized showrooms, screens, etc it has to be some sort of cross over from another Mod. I'll try that tonight

Or try to set the Shader Level in the rfconfig to DirectX9 and set, to test if it changes something, all grafical settings in game to max.

And how is it looking when you are on track in cockpit- and outside-view, is it looking the same?
Nope - it's perfect in-game. Does the showroom and on-track pull from the same folder. Sorry - I know enough only to cause trouble really. :D

Thank you! Again, I have modified so much to make this look like a licensed game to me... I screwed up one tiny thing somewhere I think.

dpwq.jpg

THANK YOU redapg!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a goofball, after all these years - I just discovered that the rFactor I have for all my open wheel Indy/F1 stuff was set to DirectX7... I simply changed to DirectX9 and it fixed... well, everything. :)

I feel both relieved and stupid. lol

zi52.jpg

Back