Modding idea: Should I do it?

Chivan Ballou

Personally, I've been dreaming of making my own vehicle mod in rfactor for a LONG time. But not your normal generic car mod. Something more.... special. I've always had the idea of actually creating my own fictional cars. Of course these would be realistic competitors to other real-world vehicles. In this mod, I would basically set it up as a whole new rfactor game. It would just be a completely new rfactor install, ousting all the original vehicles (if possible) and implanting my own vehicles, with sports cars, supercars, and race spec vehicles (hell,maybe even lmps!) ranging from 1979 to the current year. The manufacturer would be an American company called Chibal, which makes high-performance cars. The cars will also be compatible with other mods. So say if you have a gt3 spec chibal, you can add that to the blancpain endurance series 2012 mod. same with the sports and street Chibals being added to mods such as shift street. The install would of course start with 6 or so cars, but over time that will be greatly expanded because of constant patches which will add cars and fix bugs. You will be able to get them off of the official mod website. The tracks in the rfactor install would just be all the original tracks and a Chibal test track. The only problem with this whole concept, is that im no expert in the modding community. Nope.. Nowhere near an expert. That's why this mod will have to be a multiple person job. Basically a mod team, if you will. The mod will take a while to finish, obviously, and there is completely no budget behind this, so this isn't a paid mod. I don't think i have ever heard of a paid mod for rfactor anyways... Tell me what you guys think about this, and if you can, please help me with making this dream into a reality for all of the rfactor commuinity. Anything helps. Whether that means telling me to make a few changes to the mod, providing links and tutorials, or even better, helping me with making this mod! Thank you! :D:D

I would recommend by starting with one vehicle. Once you have accomplished that, you will have a realistic idea of how much work is involved in what you propose.

Having too ambitious goals when starting modding has the risk of falling into frustration.

It may also encourage others joining your project once they have a better understanding of what you propose.

Good luck!

Enviado desde mi ONE A2001 mediante Tapatalk

Have you ever done any 3D modeling? ........... do you own 3DSimEd.

Have you ever done any 3D modeling? ........... do you own 3DSimEd.

No. I have literally no experience in 3d modelling and dont have 3dsimed. And it costs money. Dreams will stay dreams for now i guess...

Back