modify trajectory

BOLLOmanuel

hello!

I made some changes on the track (bumps, curbs, holes)
it's a dirt track and there is a trajectory on the track.. it's like a long carpet textured with tyre screech

well, after my changes this trajectory still remain as before my track changes.. so, now there is a corner lowest then before, with a flying trajectory

.....and I don't find where is this trajectory gmt

anyone can help me?

thanks

I don't fully understand what you're saying, but try deleting the .hat file for the track. ...\rFactor\userdata\LOG\HAT\track-name.hat

If that doesn't work, I suggest posting screenshots of the problem.

And to know which software to editing the meshes you are using, could help too.

But no matter if you use 3DSimEd or 3DSMax, you can simply load/import the "missing" mesh from the folder which contains the meshes of the track.

It's really hard to undertsand what you mean with
.....and I don't find where is this trajectory gmt.....

ok, first of all excuse my bad english

it's not a .hat files problem, anytime I made a change (on a track) I delete the .hat file.

I use 3dsimed, and the problem is that I can not find the .gmt file of the trajectory

in the first image you'll see the ground and the trajectory at the same height.
in the second image the trajectory is still at the old height, even though the ground track modification

View attachment 15361
View attachment 15362

When in 3DSimEd you make a mouse-rightclick on the trajectory mesh, the name of it is shown.
And with knowing it's name, you can load it from the folder where the meshes are in and edit it to the wanted level.

Or did i understand something wrong.

hehe..

if it should be so simple, I would not be here ;)

if I import as Object all the .gmt of a track folder I can see and work on any alement.. any element but the trajectory

I'm here to ask you if you know where is the trajectory .gmt file

Isn't it your own track?
Then you should know it yourself best. :)

Look into the *.SCN file of the track.
At the beginning are all MAS-files listed that contain elements the track is build of.

So if you have the name of it, it should be the easiest to find it......

I don't understand why that is so hard for you.

If the track is downloadable somewhere, post a link please.

I'll will have a look at it later, i have to leave now. :)

Thank you, but i need the same content, with all modifications, as it is shown on your screenshots.

Yes, but to find out what the problem is, i must have the version where the problem shows up. ;)

And now i know what you mean. When i looked at your pictures i didn't really see it.

What you mean with "trajectory" is the race-groove.

When you build an AIW file for a track with the AIW-Editor, you have the option to show the race-groove.
That simulates the tire abraison on the driving line.

And the racegroove is defined by the waypoints of the track.
Now, after you have lowered a part of the track, without making a new AIW file, the groove is at the same position as before, because the position-entries of the waypoints in the AIW-file are the same as before.

But i would suggest to create a new AIW-file in any case, after you have changed things on a track that have an influence on the waypoints positions.

EDIT And on tracks like this, i would suggest that, if you use the racegroove, to use a groove texture (racegroove.tga, is in the folder ..\Locations in the commonmaps.mas file) that has the colour of the track-surface and not the black one. ;)

Last edited:
oooooh yeah redapg!
I mean race-groove ;)

so there is not the race.groove mesh-file.. it's a real time element

but, how can I create a new AIW-file? I mean, I'm modifying the track and not building the track with bsb

anyway, thanks a lot!!!

about the colour:
if you see my pictures, I have already changed the race-groove colour :) but you see that in black because you don't have my commonmaps.mas file

Better put the changed racegroove texture into a mas-file of your track or racegroove looks "sandy" on tarmac-roads too. :D

HERE i have uploaded the rFactor 1 AIW-Editor, with the DefFiles and a little "how to" pdf.

Extract the ZIP file directly into your rFactor Main folder, there you will find the exe and pdf then.

sorry..

I extracted in the main folder..

but when I start a test day, it appears an error windows at the end of the loading.. then I can only close the game

Hmm, i only know that installed Plugins can cause the AIW-editor to crash and with Windows 8/8.1 it don't run, as far as i know.
Is one of these the case at your machine?

Or maybe you could try starting the AIW-editor with right mouseclick and then "run as administrator"?

ok.. it works

but!!

I tried many ways to recalculate the recagroove.. nothing!
if I clic 'save waypoints' re-appears the old racegroove
if I 'record a fast path' (as I read in this page https://community.racesimcentral.net/showthread.php/25-AIW-Editing) should recalculate the racegroove.. no, again the old racegroove
I even tried to clic 'recalculate racegroove' in 'unsupported/test options'

booooh

Unfortunately you have to create completely new waypoints or you'll never get rid of the old racegroove.
If you don't want to start from 0, try with first deleting all waypoints (under "unsupported/test options") and then follow the pdf from 3. Creating the Main Path.

If you didn't have worked with the AIW editor before, it will be a bit confusing in the first time.
But if you follow the instructions in the pdf-file, you should bring it to a good end. :)

Or do a search on youtube, there you also will find Tutorial Videos from e.g. Freew67.

It's easier than to explain all needed steps here in the forum.

thanks redapg!
I found tutorial on youtube, before to try, they are very helpfull.. but I thought there was a way to modify and not just to create from 0.. anyway thanks thanks thanks

I have just one more questione:
you told me to put the racegroove texture in a *.mas file off the track folder.
I did, but it still to use the commonmaps.mas racegroove, even if I added the new mas in the *.scn file

Normally rFactor takes the first matching texture that can be found.
When you, in the *.scn file, list the commonmaps.mas after the mas-file with your racegroove texture, it should work.
If not, try it with putting it loose into the trackfolder. But it's more elegant to put it into a mas-file.

Back