Modmates Rfactor FXAA WIP "tester wanted"

Status
Not open for further replies.

modmate

Modmates Rfactor FXAA WIP

HI fellas,

Been busy with my FXAA Injector settings and reach the finish line now. IM looking for some tester to check out the performance on several systems.

What is it? Well, short term:
The FXAA is a graphical enhancement and makes RF1 looks like RF2 does!:D
(FXAA INJECTOR MADE BY Timothy Lottes, Settings and stuff is mine)

Tester:
-ZeosPantera
-toivonen
-Robert Gödicke
-Max Melamed
-xoa
-GauchoRS

Here is a VID of the WIP:
Watch in 1080P but beware its captured with Fraps so its not the quality it is usually!

PCCG07 Porsche on Nürburgring

NVIDIA INSPEKTOR Settings:

View attachment 2820

Updates also on my tiny mod site:

http://modmatemods.webs.com/

Greets Modmate

Last edited:
I'd love to test it out. Are you testing on ATI or Nvidia?

Hi,
Im running on a NVidia like you can see in my specs. If youre willin to test some configurations and also leave a feedback to me its possible. Just gimme 40minutes to send the files to you (you may come back then cause i will give you a expiring link then)....Right now its Soccertime..

GReets Modmate

GReets

OK, I am running ATi. I may not be here in 40 minutes so just PM me any download info and I will be back later today.

I got about 2 members to test right now. I think 1 Place is left.
Nothing big to test, just performance check on different systems.:)

Tester:
-ZeosPantera
-toivonen

Greets Modmate

Still in need of a tester modmate? I'd give it a go with an older graphics card (GTX285). Just tell me what you want me to test specifically.

Still in need of a tester modmate? I'd give it a go with an older graphics card (GTX285). Just tell me what you want me to test specifically.

Hey,

Yes i still need one and thats you now. I send you a PM with details.

Thx
Modmate

can you show us some comparisionscreenshots? :) i know the FXAA injector from BF3 (totally different game but nevermind) and the looks of the game went up a level! so some comparision screens would be awesome to give us an idea of the exact difference :)

can you show us some comparisionscreenshots? :) i know the FXAA injector from BF3 (totally different game but nevermind) and the looks of the game went up a level! so some comparision screens would be awesome to give us an idea of the exact difference :)

Hi,

I thought if you look my above video in 1080p and fulscreen you can see clearly the differences. I do switch often between on and off. I dont think you`ll see that much more in a screeny. In danocs BF3 Fxaa settings there is too much performance loss so i need to find a way between extra eye candy and eyecandy with good fps. You may loose 10fps with my settings but thats up to your system.
I will also have a look if can also test it cause i dont get reply of one of them so far. If he dont answer till tommorow you get it.
I want to release a first public version on 1.7.

Greets Modmate

Thx for the screens :)
About FXAA in BF3...i haven't got any FPS loss so far :)

I would offer myself to test it, my GFX is a 570GTX. Let me know. The screens looking good so far ;)

Hallo, ich würde mich bereit erklären das "Plugin" zu testen ;) Viele Grüße

Last edited:
Added 3 New Testers: (maybe the last cause of release on 1.7)

-Max Melamed
-xoa
-GauchoRS

Last edited:
Hi,

One tester post a bug , its about the included drd9.dll file wich is the same file several mods like RyanHUD uses dont work combined.
Thats true and a problem so far cause the fxaa injector doesnt have a proxy library feature wich is needed to use other utilities with that dll combined.

I does not use RyanHUD nor trackmap but if one of those 2 got a proxy library feature we can edit a line in the proper ini to get all together working. If some of you know more about it please post it right here!

Also so far i can see we got a serious problem with ATI cards wich seem to not work, therefore i advice all ATI testers here to go into CCC and disable MLAA and also go ingame rfactor and disable AA also, then try again please .
Usually the Injector works fine and im not an ATI guy so the only thing wich comes to my mind is to disable ati`s alternative to FXAA wich is MLAA. Hope that helps. Feel free to post your results here, and please add your ATI card and Driver revision. THX

Greets Modmate

I believe it is working..

ib1Ujczyr6CRhd.png

ibva0nY0N7qL2r.png

Had to kill the AA in game and the CCC. The color mod is that adjustable?

Hi,

Ok , the ATI problem is solved. There wasnt any honestly, just some settings i forgot to mention in that beta stage.;)
I will add a proper readme file for everyone so its working fine.
Also i will release a LIGHT version for older GFX cards and systems out there.

And more, there will be a seperate ENB series i work on for those want to use my injector set with other plugins using a drd9.dll combined.

@ZeosPantera

It looks a bit less saturated then it does here. Have you tried some several tracks and views?
Maybe its the windshield on that car? Just try around a bit.

Greets

Edit:

With the latest Nvidia BEta Driver 304 the Injector no longer works and its not just a reinstall of the old you need to backup your system to get the injector working again.
so for all stay on CERTIFIED drivers 301!!!

Last edited:
Hi, i'm going crazy trying to make it work, tonight i'll try with your last recomendation ingame and in CCC, i hope it works, cause i see the advantages.

Modmate, i have in a very advanced status my enbseries config (tweaking for years), i think i've achieved a very good result, a natural look for rfactor (not oversaturated), ofcourse at some spend of FPS, but i think it may be worth a try.

Tomorrow i'll send you my configs.

Hi, i'm going crazy trying to make it work, tonight i'll try with your last recomendation ingame and in CCC, i hope it works, cause i see the advantages.

Modmate, i have in a very advanced status my enbseries config (tweaking for years), i think i've achieved a very good result, a natural look for rfactor (not oversaturated), ofcourse at some spend of FPS, but i think it may be worth a try.

Tomorrow i'll send you my configs.

Thx mate, but my enb series is also ready to release like i mentioned above. Will Release it tommorow again.
It was my first graphic work for RF and i released it a while ago on Nogrip and other sites, i reworked it and its looking fine now, not like the injector but good. If you drive other sims too have a look at my website i release Fxaa for nearly any sim out there.
On 1.7 it will be

GTL
Rfactor
Gamestockcar

And before my enbseries for rfactor. Release 0.00 european time.
And for the fxaa it works fine with ingame disabled AA.

Greets Modmate

Ok mate.

I've already tried your enbseries, it's very good...mine is a diferent and more complex aproach, because it's based on more parameters, more dll files, changed config.ini, and more important post process effects in the effects.ini file, wich basicly from what i suspect, goes in the same direction of FXAA mod...i'll post it in the nex days for people to try.

I still haven't managed to try the stated solution of disabling the ingame AA, tell you later...

THANKS

Ok mate.

I've already tried your enbseries, it's very good...mine is a diferent and more complex aproach, because it's based on more parameters, more dll files, changed config.ini, and more important post process effects in the effects.ini file, wich basicly from what i suspect, goes in the same direction of FXAA mod...i'll post it in the nex days for people to try.

I still haven't managed to try the stated solution of disabling the ingame AA, tell you later...

THANKS

Hi,

Well feel free to make a thread about it, im sure it looks good too. But my approach on this was to get the best performance out of the enb but still a good image. Also its for the ability to combine utilities usind d3d9.dll files.
I dont go any further cause the enb series sadly never reach what fxaa injector can do, it begins with HDR wich really doesnt work with enb and ends with that tons of filters you can use in the fxaa injector. The downside is that you`ll get a serious performance drop with fxaa and my settings so you`ll need a system past 2010 at least and not a small one.
But i realize many out there still got cards like a 8800gt and stuff wich is defo too small and old for my settings, therefore i made the enb wich is confirmed working fine on such old cards since my v.0.1 last year.

We`ll see what you say after you get my injector working. Funny you`ve tried the enb before starting with the beta test though.;)
You will be stunned if you run it on a big screen in 1920*1080. Remember to play around with your CCC settings like AA and stuff.

Greets

Well, my story with enbseries began much earlier than any FXAA version, so that was the reason i went so further in developing it...but with the release of post processing files working together with enbseries, it gave a hole new boost, nothing to do with the early limitations of enbseries..i've started working that with the later Beemer (a proeminet member of F1classic forums)..from what i've saw of your screens, the final result is no less inferior IMHO, with a good enbpalette and the effects.ini, one ca do wonders...sadly it comes with the price of droping FPS (altough the d3d9.dll file i use is the less heavy), but hey, this is for the ones who can, sadly the others will suffer for FPS.
I also changed scn/gdb files to have proper color/lighting values.

The only reason i've tried 1st your enbseries, is because i still haven't managed to get the suposed "fix" working in my Pc desktop system...even by disabling the AA in both places (ingame/CCC)..so i'll try to install in my notebook (wich i have in another place) with a fresh/clean install of rfactor to see if it's related to my very messy installation i have in my normal PC...if i still can't get it to work, sadly i'll give up...my original idea, was somehow make part of my graphic tweaks working with the FXAA tool cause i realized the potential, if i can't i'll follow my own way.

When i have it ready, i'll post it in F1classic due to some legal issues (i use many combined work from other people)..

Anyway, thanks for the feedback

So everyone except you got it running. Maybe you try a different mod, maybe the one i use? Dont know whats the problem if you got AA for sure disabled ingame.

And lets talk again about enb if you got the fxaa working and have seen what it can do, you`ll be impressed like i was while i work on its setup. I want you to see it so we need to get it to work. Do me a favour and send me a pm with your actual sys specs with gfx card and driver. Also a screen of your Gfx card setting and ingame setting. If its not too much send it to me and we will serious find a way to get it working!

Greets Modmate

modmate

I don't know what you mean by "seriously"..i am seriously all the time, at least no less than you.

I've tried your FXAA setting in my notebook, with a light clean installation of rfactor, and i got it working, so like i suspected it's all due to my personalized tweaked main rfactor instalation in my desktop PC.

I always noticed a certain irony in your latest feedback (and certainly don't understand why), i've gave you all the feedback possible for a user that has his problems, i never said it was your fault or the FXAA, always opend the "door" to the fact that it was all due to my personal rfactor(catalyst install. So please, no bull**** irony, please.

Now that i've tried in my notebook, i can say that it ads nothing in terms of visual upgrade, compared with the diferent road i've taken in my graphic tweaking of rfactor. So, unless i can combine both in a special way (i don't think is possible cause i use a personalized dr3d9 file) i will stick to the settings/road i already had before.

Like i said before, in due time, i'll put it availble for everyone to try, and you'll see what i mean...till than, i'm sorry to have taken your time and space in this thread...I don't want to discuss this anymore

Have a nice day

modmate

I don't know what you mean by "seriously"..i am seriously all the time, at least no less than you.

I've tried your FXAA setting in my notebook, with a light clean installation of rfactor, and i got it working, so like i suspected it's all due to my personalized tweaked main rfactor instalation in my desktop PC.

I always noticed a certain irony in your latest feedback (and certainly don't understand why), i've gave you all the feedback possible for a user that has his problems, i never said it was your fault or the FXAA, always opend the "door" to the fact that it was all due to my personal rfactor(catalyst install. So please, no bull**** irony, please.

Now that i've tried in my notebook, i can say that it ads nothing in terms of visual upgrade, compared with the diferent road i've taken in my graphic tweaking of rfactor. So, unless i can combine both in a special way (i don't think is possible cause i use a personalized dr3d9 file) i will stick to the settings/road i already had before.

Like i said before, in due time, i'll put it availble for everyone to try, and you'll see what i mean...till than, i'm sorry to have taken your time and space in this thread...I don't want to discuss this anymore

Have a nice day

Hi,

Maybe it was a language blockage here or something, cause i really doesnt want to sound ironic or rude to you, if i do im sorry!
I really wanted to help you nothing more. And i really dont see where i was ironic at all, but anyway im sorry if it sounds like that.

Ok, maybe i was mistaken about the interpretation that i gave to your words, if that's the case, i'm also sorry...

Anyway, there's a thread in guru3d about the newest catalyst betas, where people are having problems in making the enb/injectors, etc working, don't know if that could be my case..it seems it has to do with API forced detection, don't know, but i'll keep trying.

Like i said mate, no bad feelings..i wish you all the luck with your work, and all the colaboartion in the future, if possible.

Have a nice day

2 screen setup with softth on a 7850 willing to test. Just let me know.

Being able to link the injector with a second d3d9.dll sounds awesome, just what I've been waiting for. ;)
The full glory injector settings really put some heavy load on my good old GTX285, dropping from around 180FPS to around 80FPS with all settings to max except for shadows and effects in a full pack (36 cars) once the cars are evenly spread across the track. During the starting procedure when all cars are still close to mine it gets quite critical, but that's due to my old gfx card I suppose.

On a sidenote, I was able to force 4xMSAA in my driver's settings without getting visual artifacts or too heavy performance drops. Even increased the visuals in my opinion.

Another thing: I was getting low fps spontanously and my gfx card's fan rev up like hell. I cleaned my whole PC with a compressor about two weeks ago so it's not dusty or something, but my GPU temperature went up like mad. Is the injector very shader-heavy? It doesn't happen even in long sessions when running Battlefield 3 or other graphic-intense applications, but I noticed that some titles which are pretty heavy with shaders will somehow kill my GTX285. Noticed it the most when running GRiD a couple of years ago.

Haven't tested the light version yet, didn't have much time in the last few days, but if it only puts half the load on the gfx card compared to the full version it'll be very decent, especially when still being able to use another library like the XD Tool for example.

Will look forward to the release modmate. ;)

I have never gotten rfDYNhud to work. Never really troubleshot it properly either. But since your addon works maybe my system has straitened out. I can;t wait to give it a go.

I have never gotten rfDYNhud to work. Never really troubleshot it properly either. But since your addon works maybe my system has straitened out. I can;t wait to give it a go.

No more wait, look at your pm.:)

Greets

Hi ,

Sorry for that little delay here, was a bit busy these days. Release will be TOMORROW for sure now.
Thx to all testers and their feedback on looks and performance!!

Greets Modmate

Looking foward for test it tomorrow, thanks for the effort modmate! ;)

Been keeping an eye on this thread and am looking forward to tomorrow :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back