Multiplayer League Config

TestDriver

Hi Guys,
Im pretty savy with the ins and outs rFactor however, im stuck on an issue that I cant seem to find a way out of.

I have my servers hosted and have complete access to do as I wish. In the past season 2011, I ran multiple events with three races per event and say 50laps per race. All worked well no dramas!

For this years season 2012 I would like to hold an event of say two races per event however, race 1 will be 25laps equaling 1pitstop and race two will consist of 50laps with two pitstops.

Here is my issue, and where I need help?
For me to start race two of the event after completion of race 1, I believe I have to restart the server which would boot everyone out then reset the server to accomodate 50laps. Everyone then rejoins and I must place them in correct racing order...downtime, loss of interest, time outs, headache!

What are my alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

/racelength <code> <value1> [<value2] // admin/server command changes the race length for the next race: <code>=0 sets a <value1> % length race, <code>=1 sets a <value1>-lap race, <code>=2 sets a <value1>-minute (timed) race, <code>=3 sets a <value1>-lap and <value2>-minute race.

rFactor\ReadMe.chm, v1.250 changes, has a whole list of admin commands :)

Hi Guys,
Im pretty savy with the ins and outs rFactor however, im stuck on an issue that I cant seem to find a way out of.

I have my servers hosted and have complete access to do as I wish. In the past season 2011, I ran multiple events with three races per event and say 50laps per race. All worked well no dramas!

For this years season 2012 I would like to hold an event of say two races per event however, race 1 will be 25laps equaling 1pitstop and race two will consist of 50laps with two pitstops.

Here is my issue, and where I need help?
For me to start race two of the event after completion of race 1, I believe I have to restart the server which would boot everyone out then reset the server to accomodate 50laps. Everyone then rejoins and I must place them in correct racing order...downtime, loss of interest, time outs, headache!

What are my alternatives?

Thanks in advance.

You must join server and be admin on server after race 1 you write this commands /racelength 1 50 then hit enter and hit next track or if you shall race race 2 on same track hit restart weekend .

when you get back to practice look at race settings that is tas 50 laps ! if not do the commands again ! until it shows 50 laps in race settings ..

Now you have a log file from race 1 i use this small program to set the grid http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=GridEdit

use grid edit to load the race result from race 1 but first go to warmup session this grid edit you only can do in warmup session !!

open grid edit load the race result from race 1 the set how you wana grid race 2 top 8 in reverse or whatever you want it to be

when you done that write command /Batch grid.ini in chat and rfactor add grid as you want it in 2 seconds now it is time to do race 2 ;)
ps lay in the grid edit here rFactor\UserData\LOG\Results Good luck test this 3 4 test races before you learn how to do no need restart server this way and so much faster to use grid edit then manually edit grid

Tripp has explained everything perfectly but I just wanted to throw in a few things to avoid confusion.

1 - The race length only updates when changing sessions. When you run /racelength it does set correctly, it just will not display correctly until the session changes.
2 - I want to stress that you can only set the grid while in the warmup session. Also, you will not see people positions change in the monitor until you advance to the race session.

thx Noel for explain , the grammars is not my best. i just a swedish noob that like help people :)

Happy new year

Thanks Lazza, Trip and Noel, what a fantastic bunch of guys!

Thanks for the info on GridEdit, have been using this program now for the past 6 events and absolutely love it.

I knew there would be an easier way of getting my problem solved, just didnt think it was that easy!

Thanks a gain guys, have a blinder of a New Year...:cool:

Back