My Cars are too Slow

chase94

I'm a noob at Rfactor, but I mostly know what i'm doing. For some reason my cars can't keep up with the AI. The AI has better top speed and acceleration on every track. It seems that no matter what I do to my transmission, all of my cars only do about 160 mph I keep getting smoked in all my races. The AI is set to 70% as well. Am I a bad tuner, or is there something wrong, and if I am a bad tuner can someone help me? Also I tried downloading some setups at rfactorcentral but i have no idea how to get the setup onto the car

I'm a noob at Rfactor, but I mostly know what i'm doing. For some reason my cars can't keep up with the AI. The AI has better top speed and acceleration on every track. It seems that no matter what I do to my transmission, all of my cars only do about 160 mph I keep getting smoked in all my races. The AI is set to 70% as well. Am I a bad tuner, or is there something wrong, and if I am a bad tuner can someone help me? Also I tried downloading some setups at rfactorcentral but i have no idea how to get the setup onto the car

Don't care about AI cars. They can be fast as hell in a track, and very slow in another, so no much point in comparing with them

I suggest to you disable the aids, rFactor punish their use by substracting car's performance.
Try to drive only with automatic clutch and your lap's times will be far better.

I suggest to you disable the aids, rFactor punish their use by substracting car's performance.
Try to drive only with automatic clutch and your lap's times will be far better.

I already drive without driving aids

Also I forgot to add but they only outrun me on the straights which is really annoying because they catch up right after I pass them in the turns

On the straights there are no so many factor to tweak like in turns. Check the following items in the car setup if available.

a) Downforce. A higher setting will cut ur final speed and acel as well.
b) Optimal gear ratio, not all cars perform best running near the rev limiter, for examble the american big blocks v8 have their optimal torque/power settings 1k or more revs below the limiter.
c) Ensure the best possible contact in the traction wheels against the surface. Try to soften the suspension a bit and reduce the anti roll bars.
d) Lower the car height to reduce drag.

Hope this helps

On the straights there are no so many factor to tweak like in turns. Check the following items in the car setup if available.

a) Downforce. A higher setting will cut ur final speed and acel as well.
b) Optimal gear ratio, not all cars perform best running near the rev limiter, for examble the american big blocks v8 have their optimal torque/power settings 1k or more revs below the limiter.
c) Ensure the best possible contact in the traction wheels against the surface. Try to soften the suspension a bit and reduce the anti roll bars.
d) Lower the car height to reduce drag.

Hope this helps

It does help thanks

Back