My TRACK and SHADOW problem

macci

Hello, I introduce myself first maxi from Argentina.
I am currently working on a project that has taken me 1 year of work and I'm about to end.
Sure one has seen, it is the Korea International circuit (http://maccidesign.blogspot.com)

The development is perfect, but I have a question.

1) The issue of shadows generated by the game. My problem is that after having added "x" amount of shadows the game I do not believe them displayed. It's like there's a limit.

I have put shadows on the building and I told the game that they influence the same building. By doing this, I have achieved a great effect.

For example, add 2 shadows exactly equal to the number of polygons building, this is one of the buildings:

koreancircuitpits.jpg

After adding these shadows and some more (for the main stand, a bridge, towers) the game I do not agree more.
Although keep adding these do not get in the game.

What could be the problem?
It can be as I say, the game sets a limit of polygons for the shadows?

Sorry for my English XD
Thanks and hope your answers

I'm not sure about the limits of the game but with most ISI tracks, complicated objects don't cast shadows. Instead, the shadow is cast by an invisible object that has a much simpler shape, usually a cuboid. With your building, I think you could use a cuboid for the main part, a wedge for the stairs, and another cuboid for the brick building on the left of that screenshot.

I'm not sure about the limits of the game but with most ISI tracks, complicated objects don't cast shadows. Instead, the shadow is cast by an invisible object that has a much simpler shape, usually a cuboid. With your building, I think you could use a cuboid for the main part, a wedge for the stairs, and another cuboid for the brick building on the left of that screenshot.

well, I saw the same in all circuits. But try to reach the limit of game graphics.
So now I'm going to have to lower the quality of the shadows.
I'll see how it goes I reported the results.

thanks for the reply

PD: some other answer?

Did you make invisble low polygon shadow boxes to work with the highpolygon buildings?

Back