Need Explanation what "wedge" is

MerlinC

In some rFactor Mod's you can adjust the WEDGE in the garage setup - and sometimes during race as well.

It is clear to me what values have to be changed to enable/disable this opportunity and/or to specify the range. What's not clear to me is what exactly Wedge adjustment is? Is this an adjustment which can be made to formula cars as well?

Thanks in advance
Merlin

When you adjust wedge you are adjusting the weight diagonally on the car. What this means is: If you reduce wedge (also called remove wedge) you reduce the weight on the RF and LR tire and add weight on the LF and RR tire. This does not effect the forward/rear weight and does not effect left to right side weight.

When you reduce wedge the LF and RR will carry more of the load. The LF will add traction when turning left but the RR will have less traction. Notice how I said when turning left. This is a simple explanation but hopefully it helps.

When you adjust wedge you are adjusting the weight diagonally on the car. What this means is: If you reduce wedge (also called remove wedge) you reduce the weight on the RF and LR tire and add weight on the LF and RR tire. This does not effect the forward/rear weight and does not effect left to right side weight.

When you reduce wedge the LF and RR will carry more of the load. The LF will add traction when turning left but the RR will have less traction. Notice how I said when turning left. This is a simple explanation but hopefully it helps.

Thanks!

Back