Need help in F1/Open Wheel mods

Voodoo Pizzaman

I'm in need of some major help. I've played rFactor for years but never did any F1 driving. Unfortunately that's the sort of racing I like most, and I've never been able to be competitive when racing Open Wheel Challenge or any of the F1 mods. However I've had a ton of experience racing other F1/open wheel sims, namely the Codemasters series and iRacing. I just can't keep up! I'm consistently 6-8 seconds slower than average race pace whenever I race. I have no trouble with my racing line or adjusting my setups, and in any other type of car I can be very competitive...it's just the F1 cars that are driving me crazy.

I've been using the F1-2012 mod made by RealSim at Aplinet.

I was 15 sec off the AI in F1 until I "went back to school" and did the OWC career progression: R factor trainer-advanced trainer-F3-F1.
Each series will teach you new skills that diving in the deep end will not. (braking, apexing, car control, line, setup)
Now I am running with AI on most tracks and often settting fastest race laps.

It has to be either line or braking points and balancing the car or setup as there is nothing else I can think of!

The Codies games are fun and I race competitively online in 2011 but this totally different. This is a real F1 car that you cant quite see clearly!

Back