need help

rock1953

have rfactor 1.255 Do i need 1.255c?is there a patch? Can i still play online with my version(1.255) and is that what everyone is using for populated servers? reason i ask is because i connect to a server and it shows my name in the server but game doesn't run and ends up back at server browser? seems i need a patch?

If i'm correct 1.255F and 1.255C are the same and compatible. the difference is F uses the old trymedia system, C uses a different authentication.

So your sim should at least be F which has been arround for quite a while.

What kind of error messages are you getting? imo if you are able to load the serverlist and join a server, your sim is ok but you might be experiencing other issues like mismatches on tracks or mods.

1.255 f and c are not the same!!!!!!

Just take a look at the sizes of the files. ISI made a mistake, they putted files of 2006 in the "c" version. If you want to play online and now got the "c" version you won´t be able to race on server with the "f" version. And i dont think that many server-hosters at this moment will take the "c" version. For me a really big mistake of ISI..

hm, ok maybe not the same then, but I tested F on C and it worked pretty well online.

F & C are the same and will/do work online. The size difference is that C has now got some of the older ISI content back in it when it was slowly reduced over the years.

The difference between them is as Denstjiro has already said. F is licensed under the Trymedia method and C is licensed under ISI itself because Trymedia is now defunct F version can no longer be activated.

ISI haven't made any mistake. If anything, they've saved rF1 from going under. No other producer would have done anything when there is a alternative or newer game available, In this case rF2.

Back