New pc for rfactor 2 with 3 full hd projector

Fabio Gravina

Hi guys,

i want buy new PC for playing rfactor 2 with 3 full hd projector possibly at full setting.

I'm thinking about:
i7 3820 cpu
x79 2011 socket mobo
256 gb ssd
8/16 GB ram
840 watt (80 gold) power supply
ati hd 7970

what do you think?
which brand I've to choose for each component? (specially for mobo ram and gpu)
budget 1500 €

thanks!!

Maybe can buy this!?

i7-3820 cpu
Big bang-XPower II x79
CORSAIR Vengeance Red 16 GB (4x4GB) ddr3 1866 Mhz CL 9-10-9-27 Support Quad Channel for x79
OCZ vertex 4 256 GB
GEIL Thortech 850 Watt PSU Thunderbolt ATX 12V V2.3 Active PFC 80Plus GOLD
ANTEC Case Tower Nine-Hundred V2 ATX
ASUS Radeon HD 7970 3 Gb GDDR5 Pci-E 2x DVI-I Dual Link 4x Display Port DirectCU II

850 watt is enough if in future I'll add second x7970 in crossfire??

Maybe can buy this!?

i7-3820 cpu
Big bang-XPower II x79
CORSAIR Vengeance Red 16 GB (4x4GB) ddr3 1866 Mhz CL 9-10-9-27 Support Quad Channel for x79
OCZ vertex 4 256 GB
GEIL Thortech 850 Watt PSU Thunderbolt ATX 12V V2.3 Active PFC 80Plus GOLD
ANTEC Case Tower Nine-Hundred V2 ATX
ASUS Radeon HD 7970 3 Gb GDDR5 Pci-E 2x DVI-I Dual Link 4x Display Port DirectCU II

850 watt is enough if in future I'll add second x7970 in crossfire??

750 watt is enough eventually.I don't understand people who think that they need more than 700w to run 3 monitors

Running 3 monitors takes no more energy from the system than a single, but if you plan on using dual or triple graphics cards, then the extra power is nice and is almost a requirement to ensure good operation of the system.

They key here is planning for the future. If you know you are going to be adding more graphics cards, then going with an 850W PSU would be good, 1000W is better for triple and quad setups. If you are only planning on running a single, then 700W is fine.

Running 3 monitors takes no more energy from the system than a single, but if you plan on using dual or triple graphics cards, then the extra power is nice and is almost a requirement to ensure good operation of the system.

They key here is planning for the future. If you know you are going to be adding more graphics cards, then going with an 850W PSU would be good, 1000W is better for triple and quad setups. If you are only planning on running a single, then 700W is fine.
I'm running 3monitors with 750watts without any problem:)

As am I GTClub :) Only a single GPU though as that is where the power gets used.

I think to the 850 watt power supply just for the future option of adding the second gpu in xfire as I say in 2° message...
For the 2-way xfire is enough 700watt or i need 850?

What do you think about the rest of component?

Especially I'm not sure the antec case is big enough for the mobo that is XL-ATX and I'm also considering the
COOLERMASTER Case HAF 932 II - Big Tower Gaming Micro-ATX, ATX, E-ATX Nero

that should support also the XL-ATX

thank you

I think to the 850 watt power supply just for the future option of adding the second gpu in xfire as I say in 2° message...
For the 2-way xfire is enough 700watt or i need 850?

What do you think about the rest of component?

Especially I'm not sure the antec case is big enough for the mobo that is XL-ATX and I'm also considering the
COOLERMASTER Case HAF 932 II - Big Tower Gaming Micro-ATX, ATX, E-ATX Nero

that should support also the XL-ATX

thank you

I think you talk about CROSS fire not X-fire wich something way different.
But anyway, not that much games are compatible with crossfire ,also the games do not support it got some problems here and there. A high end single GPU is the way better option though. Especially for rf2 and other simgames crossfire makes no sense.

Last edited:
I think you talk about CROSS fire not X-fire wich something way different.:D
But anyway, not that much games are compatible with crossfire ,also the games do not support it got some problems here and there. A high end single GPU is the way better option though. Especially for rf2 and other simgames crossfire makes no sense.

Ok now is clear for me.

thank you

Why no one says if the rest of component is god or not???

Ok now is clear for me.

thank you

Why no one says if the rest of component is god or not???

Probably because the rest of the system looks good. :)

When you are talking x-fire or cross fire, they both mean the same to me, 2 ATI cards paired up and an attachment that joins them. I guess modmate was talking about the IM software called xfire as being way different.

The issue with crossfire is that for some reason with just 2 cards a lot of games get a micro stutter. This issue appears to disappear when you use 3 cards though.

As far as games being compatible with crossfire, I would imagine quite a number are compatible, but like I said you might have some micro stutter with just 2 cards. Least expensive way to get 3 cards would be to buy one that has 2 GPU's built in and then a single for a separate slot.

Back