New telemetry Screen advice

Depco

I am going to be replacing the screen I use for telemetry. I am currently using my wife's Nook Color with a custom ROM installed from a Mini SD card. Needless to say she wasn't happy I had re-purposed her e-reader for my sim rig. I am thinking of picking up a Kindle Fire 7" tablet for $50.00. I figured I can use that as it is natively running Android and will accept my telemetry software. I am using rFdisplay but will be purchasing DashMeterPro since rFdisplay has some issues hooking up once the game is started.

My question to those of you who use separate telemetry screens is whether the Fire would be a suitable low-cost replacement or if there are better solutions for replacing my wife's Nook Color as the telemetry screen.

After more research I have discovered that it does not run Android OS natively, but amazon's own OS. However, at $50.00 I dont care about the warranty being voided by rooting the device and loading up a custom ROM with CM11 or similar Android OS.

LOL... Yeah, I cleaned the break pot so now it is good.

I ultimately picked up the fire. It was the least expensive tablet I could get my hands on.

Back