New to game questions

atd1

I have a strong background in computing and in Online gaming. Despite this and the expenditure of several hours so far(On FAQs, googling solutions etc), I remain somewhat bewildered by the game environment. Trouble joining games and the dreaded file errors related to.mas files, Etc.

This being the case, I would be immensely grateful if some kind and knowledge soul Could provide the solutions to the following questions: -

1 the promised e-mail with some sort of registration code (presumably to reactivate the program, should this become necessary) was never received. How do I obtain this?

2 I want to race online in an up to date Formula One environment (cars, teams, circuits):
a) What mods or whenever do I need to download in order to achieve this environment for online or off-line play?
b) For a realistic experience, without any of the assists (apart from automatic clutch obviously), what type of game do I need to look out for in the online multiplayer listing within the game?

3 Although I can connect to the game lobby, the server test sand registration failed on in the multiplayer section of the game. Is this critical?

4 Anything else of which I need to be aware?

It's a shame that so many games seem to have a barrier to become involved with the mainstream but it would go a long way to overcoming the obstacles if someone in the know can help us here...

1) If you don't have the "Thank you for your rFactor purchase" mail I would suggest you to contact Image Space Incorporated at https://community.racesimcentral.net/sendmessage.php

2.a) Please take a look at:
http://www.f1mods.com
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/

2.b) The online servers publish their allowed assistances configuration, just look for one that have almost all assistances disabled before joining. Also I would recommend to look for an online racing team, join their forum and meet some friends to share your passion, instead of racing in every public server.

3) You will not able to race in multiplayer if you have not activated rF. Solve your licence issue (on Q&A 1) and then everything must work fine.

4) Be patience, do a few offline races to know the enviroments and find your right car setup, visit this forum to get a general idea of what's comming on, and just ensure to have fun.

Best regars

Last edited:
Thanks for that. The game is activated - I simply do not have the code to do this again if I reformat etc.

A lot of games seem to be locked on the server; perhaps reserved league championships. I gained the impression that everyone would need to use the same mods but am unsure as to which are the most popular. The .mas error thing appears to have something to do with mod compatibility.

I will do as you suggest and try to find an online racing team.

Cheers.

There is a way of ensuring you don't need to re activate after deleting and reinstalling, all you have to do is copy a file called I think called .rfactor, and then put it back after the reinstall, it's a hidden file and not being on the right computer I cannot remember exactly where it is other than somewhere in the My Documents rF2 folder. That holds the information that tells the game it is authorised...if no one responds with it's location before I get to the right computer I'll post the info later.

Here you are, C:\Users\YOUR PROFILE\AppData\Roaming just copy that folder to a safe place and if you have to do a reformat or a completely clean install put the copied folder back and your up and running without the need to reactivate.

Good specific info Knight. Will save some messing about. Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Back