New to rFactor, any recommendations on some "Essential" car packs pls :)

skarden

G'day guys, my first post here so be gentle :) I just scored myself a Logitech G27 fairly cheap after procrastinating for a looong time about getting a proper racing wheel and then getting into a good racing sim, I bought the rFactor 2 beta after reading a bit about it and am loving it quiet a bit, it's a bit of a learning curving but I'm a very big flight sim nut so i love a good sim that has a great bit of depth to it,rFactor really seems to have a good bit of depth and then some.

Anyhow, while I love the beta I find limited amount of tracks and cars a bit restricting so I thought I purchase rFactor 1 and go on the hunt for some good addons for it, after a bit of a look I've realized that there is an absolutely massive selection of mods out there so I thought I'd ask here for some pointers on some good track/car packs that I really should get to get my track/cars collection up to snuff, you know some essential stuff that no doubt most people have in their collection or even just a good site where a lot of em are that I can have a look through and suss em out.

Plus is there any high res packs available or is that something that varies from pack to pack? I've a fairly decent rig so it can handle a bit of hi-res thrown at it and I got admit I like a little bit of eye candy if it's available.

Any recommendations would really be appreciated,

Cheers guys (and gals!)

It's the same question like "what software should I install into my brand new PDA".
In first row, you have to know what are you looking for. I mean what racing series you like for example. You like more OW or Tourist cars. faster or slower ones. Modern or historic. It really doesn't make sense to suggest you for example historic GT cars if you love modern F1.

with regards

It's the same question like "what software should I install into my brand new PDA".

LOL. Most people today don't know what a PDA is. Now it's called smartphone and your appstore will tell you what you have to install.

Ah thanks for that gents, exactly what I was looking for, that Buthurst track looks amazing, as an Aussie I'm gunna be all over that! with that plus everything else I grabbed there's more then enough to keep my busy for quiet some time as well as help me get my skills up to at least a passable level before I venture online.

@MaxYM, your absolutely correct, with so much on offer I know its kinda asking an extremely broad question, but to be honest I don't actually watch that much tv these days and I haven't really watched much motor racing at all, which probably seems a little strange to the racing nuts out there, I think it's a case I enjoy playing far more then watching it, although I do try and catch Buthurst every year, one of the few times I do enjoy a few beers on the couch watch the telly.

Anyhow time to take some of these sweet cars for a spin, thanks again gents!!

- Definitely Enduracers. Take the Ferrari for a ride.
- DRM revival is very good, amazing cars.
- Spec Miata is good too, more fun than the iRacing one imo.
- FSone 2009 if ya like F1
- If you like Aussie V8's, you have a choice between FVR or V8factor unleashed. I find the latter the harder mod, i enjoy FVR more, just seems more grippy.

As for tracks:
All the VLM tracks, i mean Sebring is the best looking track ever made.
Solitude is such a load of fun, fast track with a tricky last sector.
The version of Nord above is amazing by com8 and friends.
ORSM_Bathurst_FULL_v1.3

there are others of course, just a few must haves :)

My top recommendations for mods are Endurance Series by Enduracers and CART Factor by Racing Line Developments. As for tracks, everything by Virtua_LM and The Lonely/SLN.

Sports Coupes: http://www.premiersimracing.com/smf/index.php?topic=24.0

Includes the Toyota MR2, Lotus Elise, Lotus Exige, and Ferrari F40. Each has a Cup and GT version, too. Tons of fun to be had, because all the cars drive quite differently (apart from the Elise and Exige) in the first place, let alone with all the variants taken into consideration. Top-notch FFB too, by the way.

Whether you like V8 Supercars or not, Bathurst by OSRM is a must have.

It's strange how nobody mentioned the awesome 72km Targa Florio!

Great tracks

Even for tracks it depends a bit of the taste, but I think the following are unambiguously great :

- The F1 1988 trackpack, with among others great versions of Monaco and Spa.

- Potrero de los Funes by taz

- Laguna Seca by com8

- Mosport

- Zandvoort MMM

- Mugello by Ferrari27

- Montjuich (that one is tougher to find but it's worth it)

And for the aussie :

- Bathurst ORSM as already mentioned.

- Philip Island by Slider916/Cammel

There is no small amount of controversy over this car mod, but if you like the f1 cars from pre 1966 may I recommend the F1 Classic mod by SlimJim. It can be found at http://f1classic.your-talk.com/ The folks at this site are friendly, and they have several venues where they get together weekly and have fun races. For rFactor "1" , this may be one of the best places to meet and race and make online friends.

I have spent many hours driving these cars for like many others my first real "Simulated" car game was GPL.

There are many fantasy tracks but the very best I found was Coffs Harbour Road Course 1.04. It is based on real roads in Australia, and it very demanding and and fun circuit to drive. There are several versions of this track and the 1.04 version is very nicely done. It requires a relatively high end machine. http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Coffs Harbour Road Course

Good luck and have fun.

Back