New to rFactor, have a question about car/track mods

Roadblock

I've seen a lot of great 'car' mods that simulate an entire year/season of a racing series (Like the CART Factor mod, some of the f1 mods, etc), but none of them seem to include the tracks for that season. I can understand that maybe the tracks aren't made by the same mod teams as the cars, but it seems difficult to figure out exactly which tracks I should be trying to find on their own to work with a given mod. I did find a couple of 'track packs' for F1 that seem to contain all of the tracks for a given season, but I can't find anything similar for the CART Factor mod. (I'm interested in this one because I used to play the old Papyrus IndyCar games quite a lot, back in the 90s :) ).

Can one of you rFactor veterans point me in the right direction to try to find and download the tracks that were meant to be used with the CART Factor mod? Thanks very much!

You will have used Google by yourself right?

I think there is no complete trackpack available.

You can get things like THIS (look around for newer versions).

But you will have to "create" your own trackpack by downloading all available tracks for a special season.

HERE is another good adress to find mods, tracks...

But maybe someone else has more/better information?

Hehe, I did a quick search earlier and came up with the exact same as you Redapg :)

Also check the related articles on that virtualr link Roadblock, some releases are for other sims but they still give info on tracks.

You will have used Google by yourself right?

I think there is no complete trackpack available.

You can get things like THIS (look around for newer versions).

But you will have to "create" your own trackpack by downloading all available tracks for a special season.

HERE is another good adress to find mods, tracks...

But maybe someone else has more/better information?

Yes, of course I've searched extensively on google :), and I was still a little unclear if I am on the right path... I didn't want to write a lengthy post, because I know that people often won't read it. I've searched the web quite a bit for many of the tracks, and have found quite a few of them...I think. I also know that some of the 'built-in' tracks are in fact, renamed versions of real world tracks, but I'm still learning which is which.. so I am a little unsure if I may already have one/some of the ones I am looking for.

Also, given the mod that I'm inquiring about is a few years old, and the guys who developed it have been pretty clear that they aren't supporting it (or rFactor) any longer, I thought it might be the case that some of the information I'm looking for no longer exists on the web (ie, domains have shut down, pages have been removed, files on file sharing hosts no longer exist, etc). I thought perhaps someone who is a fan of that mod might chime in and share his or her experiences with getting it set up.

I've been able to locate versions of many of the tracks that I know were used in the 1998 season, but in a couple of cases, I've seen as many as four different versions of the same track (the Montreal street course, for example - probably the default one is fine, but I was still curious...), some of which are historical - so obviously those aren't the ones I'm looking for, but I still wasn't sure if I had found one with the layout that was used in '98.

If the answer is "go try to find the tracks that you can find, and then edit the 'racing series' file yourself to set it up to match the tracks you've located", then that's fair enough, and it sounds like that's the case.

Anyway, thank you for the information, you answered my question, and the link you provided was helpful; I had found a couple of the tracks on that page elsewhere, but not all of them.

Last edited:
Hehe, I did a quick search earlier and came up with the exact same as you Redapg :)......

same work-> same results ;)

But back to thread:

Roadblock, yes you are right. There are many older, rfactor related sites, that have been shut down unfortunately.

And yes, sometimes tracks have "other" names as usually used in reality.
But mostly you find all tracks by searching for normal names and almost every track is available and that is the good news :)

Maybe not in the exact layout of the year 98 but that shouldn't lower the fun to race on them.

HERE is another link from the website of IDT Simulations.
I liked their 2005/06 series a lot and you can find some tracks there too.

I whish you good luck for getting your season complete.

Back