New (used) GPU

Hi Sjaak,

I'm very, very happy with my GTX480 1,5Gb. It runs rF2 with all settings maxed out between 60/100 fps and sometimes even more. (With an i5 3570 stock)
Some things on internet say it's a noisy one and indeed; you hear the fan. I myself never had problems with that; I don't hear it over the racing sounds.

But it runs like hell I tell you; very nice card and at marktplaats the things go for around 80 euro right now. You can't find a better performing card for that money as the 480 is highly underrated (mainly because of the noise).

You live around Haarlem? You can try it out and hear it at my system.

I read that before once when I proposed the same card, but what is the reason for that?

The 660 costs as much as the 480 and is (much?) slower.......uses a bit less power, but that's about 5 euro a year.
Is it because it's better for rF2 for some reason? Is there a price difference at the other side of the water?

I can't understand to be honest and am curious?

660 and 480 are approximately equal in performance. 660 consumes much less power, runs cooler and takes less space.

I was simply selecting one from his list. On that list the 660 is definitely the winner.

Thanks for the responses.

I don't know if my PSU could handle a 480. 250 watts from what I've read. The 560 I had in there was 150 watts.

Noel, I've done some reading on on the R9 270 vs the 660, most say the R9 270 is the winner. Not that I'm doubting you, but what makes the 660 the winner according to you? Is it because it's for rF2? (plus there's an R9 270 for sale not too far away from me atm)

I have a Sapphire R9 270x, and I love it. Paid just 150€ .... worth every cents.

They are very similar but rF2 generally has performed better on Nvidia. This has improved with their newer drivers though.

Can i make you happy with a GTX 660 TI ?

Send me a PM with your e-mail. :)

BTW: i speak dutch with a "Vlaams" accent. :D

Thanks for the offer Gijs, but I live near Leeuwarden so Belgium is quite a drive for me.

I'm awaiting reaction for a 7950 at the moment :).

Thanks for the offer Gijs, but I live near Leeuwarden so Belgium is quite a drive for me.

I'm awaiting reaction for a 7950 at the moment :).
What is wrong with a 660TI??? Much better, than a 7950...

Spinelli; I haven't seen a 770 in my pricerange yet.

Juergen; I didn't say anything was wrong with a 660ti.

Thanks for the responses, I know enough for now. I just sent Gijs a message :)

Juergen; I didn't say anything was wrong with a 660ti.

Thanks for the responses, I know enough for now. I just sent Gijs a message :)
You can trust him, he`s really well known, on RD, too.

Save up

Stop buying car mags, coffee and iced donuts.

lopl

Seriously though dollars amount fast if you can refrain from a few luxuries. ;)

Back