No car will go over 100 or 3rd or 4th gear

RKing

As of last night, all my cars are slow, stall out or gain no speed after 3rd gear. No car will go much over 100mph???

I have no idea what has changed. I installed a new MOD is all that I can think of, but how this would effect the speed is beyond me....

It is as if there is a speed limiter?

Any ideas? I deleted the rFactor folder, reinstalled and still has a problem with only the cars that came with rFactor.

Please help

Rick

Are you talking about AI? Some mods do this when they are produced specifically for league or online racing. There probably is a single player version of the same mod.
I'm not sure what else can cause this problem.

Are you talking about AI? Some mods do this when they are produced specifically for league or online racing. There probably is a single player version of the same mod.
I'm not sure what else can cause this problem.

Thanks for your reply...

I reinstalled rFactor and currently have not reinstalled any mods...this is happening even with the trainer. The AIs go fast (almost twice as fast as I can).

Regards

Make sure you turn off the speed limiter after leaving the pits (default is 'L' key).

Make sure you turn off the speed limiter after leaving the pits (default is 'L' key).

You mean after 3 years I have been racing with the limter on? Now maybe I can do better than 1:10 at Bahrain. <---Just kidding :)

Actually I got help at the Race Department forum and it is and issue with rFactor and Windows 7 64bit holding the controller settings. Not sure why it started fowling up all-of-a-sudden. But, I just have to check the setting each time I enter the game.

Cheers

You mean after 3 years I have been racing with the limter on? Now maybe I can do better than 1:10 at Bahrain. <---Just kidding :)

Actually I got help at the Race Department forum and it is and issue with rFactor and Windows 7 64bit holding the controller settings. Not sure why it started fowling up all-of-a-sudden. But, I just have to check the setting each time I enter the game.

Cheers

"It is as if there is a speed limiter?"
This gives the impression that you might be unaware of the speed limiter. Unfortunately, I have no idea if you just bought the game yesterday or a week ago so I reply based on the info available with the most common solution. In this case, the most common problem is people not realizing the speed limiter is on (especially when the AI is going so much faster).

So the speed limiter was not on?

I'm not aware of any "holding the controller settings" with rfactor and Windows 7 64 bit. Can you provide more details?

You imply it was working fine before (that it just started "fowling up") so if this were an issue with rfactor and Windows 7 the problem should have been there from the time you installed it on Windows 7 unless something changed (account access settings?). If you can think of anything that may have changed just prior to this issue occurring, that may help determine the cause.

Bee:

Sorry that I never got back to you.

Bottom line is Windows 7 was ggiving me most of the problems along with a 64bit operating system. Also, the throttle pedal on my black momo was going bad.

The overall solution was to get a new wheel rig and now problem resolved.

Most of my problems are due to mods. ;)

I do appreciate your support!

Back