No Engine sounds

Greggenfactor

Hi,
Thanks for the help getting the new rFactor Activation going BEE.

I have reinstalled Rfactor twice now and still no engine sounds. All the files are there that should be. Ideas?
Thanks Greg

I tried running 'all cars all tracks' or whatever its called instead of a single series and the sounds came back on. Now they are on for individual series. All is good...mysteriously. WTF????

Last edited:
You should exit and restart after you change the series / ingame, some of the settings may not be loaded (invisible) until you restart rfactor.
Other reason could be that you downloaded rfactor from an untrusted platform which contained a crack?
I know that you will have sound issues when using a crack, so better always use stuff directly from rfactor.net.

Well actually ....

I used the version 1255 from the rFactor site. And the basic series that come with the download do not have sounds still. Other series do have sound. All the series I had downloaded previously like F1-1979 and thought I had wiped out by uninstalling rFactor and deleting the rFactor folder are back in this install somehow. Weird.

Patch F

Hi,
No I have not used that patch. I will try that. Thanks.
Greg

Engine Sounds still out on Lienz and OW Challenge

The engine sounds are still missing on the Lienz Festival and OW Challenge 2006 and National Stock car Racing. I will try finding these as mods and reinstall them.
Greg

The engine sounds are still missing on the Lienz Festival and OW Challenge 2006 and National Stock car Racing. I will try finding these as mods and reinstall them.
Greg

There was an issue in rF and trymedia around the time the patch was created, the result was that sounds pre this 1.255 patch would no longer work with a lot of cars from previous versions.

If you download the full patched installer F patch including sounds option on the rF website it should cure it. Chances are you have older sounds in what you have currently installed that wont function with whatever exe you are using.

If you download from reliable source as said, and have latest full installers containing that F exe, it should have all that correct out of the box, but your issue smells of that problem :)

Last edited:

Back