Nothing happens when I click Activate

• Thread starter Cavallino Rampante
  • Start date

Cavallino Rampante

I have just installed rFactor 1255c on Windows 8 x64 but I am not able to activate the game. After entering the product key and my email address and clicking the activation button, nothing happens.

I tried the following solutions to no avail:
- Restart windows
- Uninstall and reinstall rFactor
- Run rfactor.exe as Administrator + run in compatibility mode
- Made sure to install DirectX during setup
- Removed the AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor directory
- Allow rFactor.exe through the firewall on private and public networks
- Disconnected the controller before starting the game

I am able to play the demo just fine.

Primary Hardware specs:
- AMD FX 8150
- 8gb DDR3 RAM
- 128GB SSD
- nVidia GeForce 660TI

* Not anti virus installed (using the default Windows Defender that ships with Win8)

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions!

Thank You

having the same problem done every thing possible in the forums still the same

Does [anyone know how to fix this problem because I am after spending money on something that is not working.

I moved from 1 Windows 8 laptop to a another.

rFactor 1 will not activate

This is a Dec 2012 purchase.

The Activate button has a 'server error occurred, try again later' error.

What is the problem here? Have you abandoned rFactor 1?

I think this is because 1255c , you need 1255G I think. or whatever the latest version is. The old trymedia route don't works anymore.

I think this is because 1255c , you need 1255G I think. or whatever the latest version is. The old trymedia route don't works anymore.

This is not a trymedia purchase - this is a direct repurchase from rFactor.

And did the direct REPURCHASE in Dec 2012 because the previous version would not activate.

This is getting very old and bloody irritating.

I like rFactor, but having to rebuy it every 18 months is stupid.

Having to constantly reactivate the same thing I own repeatedly means that the moment rfactor goes out of business this product dies.

I have 8 rfactor installs pointing to a central track install - now I must go and reconfigure each one as I reinstall 1255g??? What an irritating waste of time. The reason I have the installs on a 256GB USB3 memory stick is so that I can move the game from system to system.

GTR2, GTL, Assetta Corsa, Simraceway, netKarpro etc have no problem working on the new system - rFactor is the only one that forces this issue.

If reactivation ins the model, then rfactor needs to keep the servers manned and respond to emails.

Anyone solved this yet?! Have same problem.. win firewall setting are ok and my router setting are ok (ports open) but still doesnt work.

win 8.1x64 and i tried with 1255c and 1255g

Back