Nvdia FPS Fix

sirwinson

Do you know the NVIDIA FPS FIX? The d3d9.dll that put in the rf main folder increases the FPS on various systems. Also on mine before Windows 8 64 bit. I had Windows XP 32 bit and when i put the .dll i my FPS increased from about 30 to 60 (with vsync on).

This is my hardware configuration : S.O. Win8 Pro 64 bit - Proc Intel i7 3820 - MB Asus Rampage IV Formula - RAM DDR3 16GB 1866mhz - VGA NVIDIA GTX 480 with last drivers.

Now on Windows 8 64 bit the NVIDIA FPS FIX .dll does not work!: no FPS increase! It looks like rfactor does not load it... but with other .dll plugins like rfdynhud (that i renamed d3d9_2.dll) no problems.

With the same PC but with Windows Vista 32 bit i have the same problem.... So it works only with Windows XP 32 bit for me! Do you have any ideas? Please.

These are the attempts I did:

- UAC disabled

- rfactor installed in C:\ (not in Programs folder)

- run as administrator

- deleted all plugins (expept the NVDIA FPS :p)

- vsync off

My .dll of NVIDIA FPS FIX (the only that i found on the web) is dated 09/19/2008 - 84 kb. Do you have other versions? Do you have any ideas?

:confused:

P.s. sorry for my English :) Thank You all guys.

I used it too in the past, but with and GF 6600 card.....than it had some use.
Later on, the newer cards, didn't do this; they had "the power" all the way, with or without fix.

Did you test the 3d fix with your GTX 480 in your current system (hardware) or did you just put it in because you did that before, and now, using x64; you stumble upon it?
Could be, that it just now occurs, but when you bought the gtx, maybe it had no use back than already?

I think you don't have to use it.
What's your fps with all on high? My nephew got a similar system to yours; we can compare.

I used it back in the day. There is/was only one version I remember. I stopped using it after I upgraded my card and it caused graphics issues and, worse, the game to lock up-- very bad while online.

Beta drivers can be a problem child with Inspector.

Use WHQL you should have good running.

I can't believe ppl are still passing this nvidia fps fix around.
Was only good years ago with weak systems.
Has nothing to do with modern pc configs.

No that is not true. It works on many modern systems, both Nvidia and ATI / AMD, and can really make a large difference. Even free practise triple screen I see a large improvement.

It doesn't work on ALL systems for some odd reason it seems, but all the systems I have tried (core 2 duo, core i5, ati 5870, 6970) it made a very considerable diff.

No that is not true. It works on many modern systems, both Nvidia and ATI / AMD, and can really make a large difference. Even free practise triple screen I see a large improvement.

It doesn't work on ALL systems for some odd reason it seems, but all the systems I have tried (core 2 duo, core i5, ati 5870, 6970) it made a very considerable diff.

+1. It made a %25 increase in framerate on my HD5770.

Tried this fix with my Radeon HD 6490M.
Got increase in fps.
However, I seem to get even greater fps increase using D3D Overrider to enable D3D Triple buffering.

D3D Overrider has been a god-sent in rF2 as well...

There used to be a thread over on the "old" RSC (still miss that forum) that talked about exactly what was causing the bottle neck in rF1. It has been a very long time since I read that thread so I can't recall the details but the description over at RFC says, "The problem is caused by the way that these cards allocate memory for vertex buffers". Not sure triple buffering with D3D Overrider solves the same problem or not. I haven't tried D3D Overrider before. I will have to look into it. If I am understanding correctly, D3D Overrider is only really needed if you want to reduce input lag when VSync is enabled. If you don't use VSync (which no one should imo) then D3D Overrider has little value. I will have to do some testing between the four combinations of wombat and triple buffering.

Well I have never had a fps issue (in rF1).
Tried the fix years ago, didn't do much, if anything.

Back