Nvidia fps fix

sirwinson

Do you know the NVIDIA FPS FIX? The d3d9.dll that put in the rf main folder increases the FPS on various systems. Also on mine before Windows 8 64 bit. I had Windows XP 32 bit and when i put the .dll i my FPS increased from about 30 to 60 (with vsync on).

This is my hardware configuration : S.O. Win8 Pro 64 bit - Proc Intel i7 3820 - MB Asus Rampage IV Formula - RAM DDR3 16GB 1866mhz - VGA NVIDIA GTX 480 with last drivers.

Now on Windows 8 64 bit the NVIDIA FPS FIX .dll does not work!: no FPS increase! It looks like rfactor does not load it... but with other .dll plugins like rfdynhud (that i renamed d3d9_2.dll) no problems.

With the same PC but with Windows Vista 32 bit i have the same problem.... So it works only with Windows XP 32 bit for me! Do you have any ideas? Please.

These are the attempts I did:

- UAC disabled

- rfactor installed in C:\ (not in Programs folder)

- run as administrator

- deleted all plugins (expept the NVDIA FPS :p)

- vsync off

My .dll of NVIDIA FPS FIX (the only that i found on the web) is dated 09/19/2008 - 84 kb. Do you have other versions? Do you have any ideas?

P.s. sorry for my English Thank You all guys.

I never need a fix for rFactor since my first GTX460, runs sublime with GTX570-Sandy@4.5GHz

Even my AMD Dual/Quads and 9800GTX+ O/C ran it nice.

I run only single 1920 though.

Funny you do not mention the one and only thing you do need to adjust quality and performance.

Nvidia Inspector
http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-Inspector-1.94-download-2612.html

Don't tool around with rF files, there is no need unless you want to add HDR ( ughh imo )

Install LATEST Nvidia Inspector from Link above.

GOOGLE >>>>> " rfactor Nvidia ispector profiles "
Copy the settings from the jpgs posted or download their profiles

Do a second Fresh rfactor or lite ( can't hurt ) and test the profiles in that.

All she wrote ;)

Last edited:

Back