object disappearing with low track details

olandese volante

Hi,

do you know how to do/disable this? Playing in Sepang, for example, I can see the 150, 100 and 50 mt sign with "circuit details" set to full… I can't see them if I set the circuit details to low...

Well that is kinda the point of low track details, it removes objects to help increase frame rates for older systems. You could try raising track details and reducing other setting, disable track reflections, shadows etc.

I have a jurassic pc :) I have all settings setted to low…

I am wondering: is there the possibility to choose WHICH objects will be removed in low settings?
In the track .scn, the 50mt sign (as well as some other objects) is marked with a lodout 0f 2000, whereas the majority of other objects do not report this parameter in their settings…

Is it that simple? Do I have to add the lodout=2000 in the objects that I want to remove from the lowsetting track?

EDIT: I edited the .scn deleting the lodout=2000 from the sign stirngs, but nothing happened, so that is not the way…
SOLVED: it's the VISGROUP definition :)

Last edited:
See here http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1293678 for the different vis groups.

Well that is kinda the point of low track details, it removes objects to help increase frame rates for older systems. You could try raising track details and reducing other setting, disable track reflections, shadows etc.

Indeed, but what was badly done here is that the brake markers are clearly what you don't want to remove in any level of details. It's generally a cube, 12 polys won't do any difference in the FPS anyway.

No argument there. I was just stating the pure fact of the matter :)

Back