Odd issue with parts of skins now showing on the spinner...

Jason C. Ray

I'm building a mod that has a top wing (much like a sprint car) and when I first enter the game the painted skin for any of the cars on the spinner defaults to the template that I have in the mas file. If I click on the vehicles tab and then click on the driver's name the wing will now show up properly on the spinner. I have the vehicle file and the drivers folder setup exactly like another mod that I assisted with in the past that doesn't have this issue and I made sure that the material name for the wing is correct.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Check if in veh files you put a reference to exact skin name you want to use for that particular driver.

Something like:
DefaultLivery="skin_name.dds"

Yes, I have that line. I've tried to change the case of all of the characters to see if it was case sensitive. I've tried changing the name of the folder that the skins are in. Nothing seems to be working. I'm fairly close to having a beta release ready but, this is holding me up. Very fustrating but, thanks for your suggestion.

Did you name the material wcwing and in the teams directory name the wing texture to carnameWING.dds?

ahh, I have seen this before, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was. umm,,,
hmmm.gif
.... It could be something to do with multiple veh files with similar names.

Make sure to export the whole model including every part at the same time. If you make a mat change and only export the part that uses that mat, sometimes the other parts with older gmt's can cause confusion, best to always export the whole thing.
Also check the trace file to see what comes up.

I did make new collision and shadow objects and exported them seperately. I'll give that a try.

I ended up having to rename the material to get it to work. I changed the material name to WCextra3.

However, I'm not sure if I might run into some issues from doing this? Does the material for a wing have to be named wcwing or can it be anything of my choosing as long as it has "wc" at the beggining?

Once again, thank you very much for your help. You've been rescuing me quite a bit lately.

It can be named anything, just as long as you note it in the veh file ie [extra3="rearwing"] then name the dds, carnameREARWING.dds (If you doing it as a wcextra, use rearwing instead of wing because wing is already used by wcwing). But in saying that, wcwing should work, as long as the mat name is wcwing and the texture is in the teams folder and named carnameWING.dds it should all work.

hmm,, if there is an underscore in the default livery name, don't forget to use it for the other wc mats. ie carname_01.dds would make, carname_01WING.dds

Back