one car mod creation

silente

Hi everybody!

i am looking for some directions or a guide to create a single car mod, taking the car from an existing mod.

I know the main steps involve the ".rfm" file, the "gamedata/vehicles" and eventually something regarding the "shared" and "sound" folder.
But could someone point out precisely what is needed to make everything working? or if there is any tutorial or guide out there to be used as a reference...

Also, should any file from sound, shared or any other folder be moved?

My goal would be to be able to use this single car without having anything else of the original mod installed in my rFactor directory.

Thanks a lot for your help.

That strongly depends on the mods structure.
The only answer here would be: delete all files that are not needed for the car that you want to keep. ;)

No, seriously, i e.g. could only give a useful answer, if i would knew which mod it is and which car you want to keep.

That strongly depends on the mods structure.
The only answer here would be: delete all files that are not needed for the car that you want to keep. ;)

No, seriously, i e.g. could only give a useful answer, if i would knew which mod it is and which car you want to keep.

I am trying to extract a single vehicle meant for the Endurance Series from enduracers.
The vehicle was actually added on, it was not originally developed by them.

Since i work on my own physics and i am not interested in having the complete mod, i just wanted to extract one car and create something like a standalone mod.

But i am not totally sure about the steps needed.

Any idea?

Thanks a lot!

That doesn't make things easier for you.

If you want to create a standalone mod, there are some more things you will have to take care for, e.g. that you don't have files which have the same file-name as the original ones, when you are finished, to prevent from having troubles when both mods are installed in the same rfactor installation folder. And i also would recommend an own folder-structure for it, to keep the overview.

To be honest, in this case it is much more work to explain how it has to be done here in the forum, than to do it.
Try it with the information from this site: rF1 Vehicle file structure

If you don't feel able to do it, send me a PM.

Back