Online Synchronizing Game problem

Rallybluecelt

Hi

After many years of racing online with rFactor, I have built a new PC (i5-760, GT460 1 gb card + 6 gb ram W7-64). Runs iRacing fine using a G27 wheel. Installed rFactor ok, works fine offline BUT...online I get - Synchronizing Game (-253ms) - appearing on the screen every 10-15 seconds. Never seen this before!

Help!

Colin

Usually sync issues are caused by a not stable CPU clock.

May be your system is supplied with some dynamic overclocking tool?
If yes, try disabling it.

Also, a not stable clock can be caused by a not stable overclocking.
If your CPU is overclocked, try to reset it to default value, just for testing purpose.

Hi Max & Bee

I have reset the overclocking back to normal and it seems to be fixed, tried 3 different servers with no problem :) Many thanks for the help.

Colin

Good to hear :)

rFactor has no problems to work with overclocked CPU, but the OC has to be stable.
Small variations in the clock indeed will cause sync problems racing online, with the result to have lag, discos and other issues.

k i have this same problem but im not pc smart .how would i see or adjust the cpu overclocking?so my game does not sync while playing online?

Hi Max & Bee

I have reset the overclocking back to normal and it seems to be fixed, tried 3 different servers with no problem :) Many thanks for the help.

Colin

This is a test of what I say:) no overclocking ever. not worth :)

k i have this same problem but im not pc smart .how would i see or adjust the cpu overclocking?so my game does not sync while playing online?

Not easy to say, usually there are options in the BIOS which set dynamic overclock.

Problem is CPU and MOBO brands have their own BIOS setting and tools.

Take a look to the MOBO manual, to check what dynamic overclock options are available in your system and double check you are editing the right options in the BIOS.

Back