Options for Rfactor on command line

cyprien

Hi,
On my website, i've made a link to connect directly to my rFactor server :
<a href="rfactor://82.227.204.7:34297">Démarrer !</a>
It works fine but how can i submit the password ???
Is there any documentation on that somewhere ?
Thanx in advance

Last edited:
Can't submit the password. The bookmarks.xml file has a tag for the password but even that doesn't really work.

The options I use most on the dedi cmd line are:
+profile <ProfileName> ----- This lets you specify a different driver profile which is handy if you run multiple servers on the same machine.
+oneclick ----- This option causes the server to start up minimized without asking any questions.

The ReadMe.chm in your <RFACTOR-ROOT> should provide all the information you need.

On the other hand you could suggest your folks to create a shortcut similar like this: "..\rFactor.exe" +connect SERVER-IP-OR-DNS-NAME:pORT +password "YOUR-SERVER-PASSWORD"

E.g. with your provided credentials: "..\rFactor.exe" +connect 82.227.204.7:34297 +password "TopSecret"

Cheers
Frank

thanks for these replies....
i'd like to have a simple link to connect to my server and i would like to change the password sometimes.
I will find a solution.
anyway, thanks again !

You could create a new custom protocol of your own and your own custom program that will handle that protocol which can parse a more elaborate URL that will then call rFactor.exe with the +connect and +password options if a pass was provided in the URL.

So you could have URL that looks something like this:
rFactorURL://127.0.0.1:34297?password=TeSt

Which would then call rFactor.exe +connect 127.0.0.1:34297 +password TeSt

I just wrote the program for the hell of it. All I need to do is build a simple installer that builds the registry entry for the new rFactorURL protocol.

Because it is a new protocol (rFactorURL://) then the original protocol (rFactor://) will still work. But if you put links on your page that take advantage of the rFactorURL protocol they will not work unless they install your protocol handler.

Did I loose you yet? Hahaha.

One other thing, this wouldn't work well if you have multiple rFactor installs. Clicked URLs would call your default rFactor install only.

No no, that's clear and very interesting !!!
But it could be a little bit hard for end users to install new protocol, i will use the default one.
another question, is it possible to stop the rFactor server from another program ?
Thank you very much !

Please define STOP! I gues you didn't mean TASKKILL, a Windows command line tool.

Back