Pit stop - Cube map windows ?

Mario Morais

Thank you Mario, but i don't understand anything. It's hard to me. I never had access to such things.

First need to import the model to 3dsimed then change the material.

One suggestion: with e.g. TeamViewer it would last ~ 10 minutes to show you what to do. Here in Forum it will need days at least. ;)

If somebody is working on that, please post it here.
Else i would do it but i hate double done work, because it is just wasted time ;).

Yes, because your Sketchup Version is too new i guess. 3DSimEd supports just up to V 6 i think.
Export as 3DS from Sketchup, then it should work.

EDIT Just seen that you have *.gmt format.

Hmmm, here it works without crashing... i can upload my *.gmt if you want.

It's the best way to learn to work with 3DSimEd if you do it yourself ;).

redapg

Can you change texture with cube map please ? and upload ? 3DSimEd is to strange program for me.

2 Questions before.
-Can Sketchup handle cube maps and which format Sketchup needs, is DDS OK?
-Do you have the possibility in Sketchup to position the textures more exact on the windows?

I mean all windows. Use a texture with e.g. plaid pattern for windows material then you will see what i mean.

EDIT Better use a texture with a tree or something like that, because some windows have textureposition upside down...

Last edited:
Sketchup need BMP format. But late i will change it with DDS in Xpacker. I don't use sketchup textures. I make them in photoshop (i always made 2 files DDS and BMP) and than simple apply them in sketchup. Yes, i can do something with it, i suppose.

OK, try THIS, is in rFactor *.gmt. Open with 3DSimEd and from there you can export in sketchup format (3DSimEd Sketchup dll's).
I've just used the texture from Mario and a default rfactor cube map with material "cube map add alpha reflect t1"

To get better effects later you have to play around with/change textures and Alpha channels.
Good luck so far.

EDIT: But most important: better positioning of textures on windows.

Last edited:
No problem, that was not so much work :). Hope you finally get the wanted result.

Back