PitStopStrategies in GDB file do they work.

mel1234

Hi Guys,

Just bought rFactor a few weeks back :D Having an amazing time with this game.

Thanks a lot guys and a great job.

Ive been playing open wheel challenge and CTDP 2006 F1 Mod. I usually play offline and 10 -15 laps. Ive been trying to get the AI to pit however I cant figure out how.

I did some googling and found that there are values in the GBD files. However some tracks have them and some dont.

I checked orchad lake and found the below values. The same is not true for the Nurburgring file.

It would be great if you could shed some light on this and help me out. Or suggest alternate ways of making the AI pit.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Qualifying
{
Kevin Rodgers = 55.669
Drake Evans = 55.700
John Sullivan = 55.742
Eric Fuller = 55.806
Brandon Harvey = 56.001
Corbin Legly= 56.100
Greg Victors = 56.200
Jacob Lewis = 56.250
Chris Manning = 56.462
Bruce Underwood = 56.500
Joe Turnbill = 56.700
Rick Grouper = 56.970
Dan James = 57.000
Brian Smith = 57.565
Jack Cambell = 58.020
Zander Cage = 58.345
Wesley Crump = 58.500
Rick Adams = 58.556
Mike Lee = 58.612
Bob Taylor = 58.756
Elliot Matters = 60.1
Lindsey Reid = 60.5

}
RaceEvents
{
Elliot Matters
{
29 = Engine
}
Lindsey Reid
{
33 = Suspension
}
}
Weather
{
Practice1
{
Conditions = Best
TrackWetness = Dry
AmbientTemp = 30
TrackTemp = 36
}
Practice2
{
Conditions = Best
TrackWetness = Dry
AmbientTemp = 31
TrackTemp = 38
}
Practice3
{
Conditions = Best
TrackWetness = Dry
AmbientTemp = 29
TrackTemp = 32
}
Practice4
{
Conditions = Best
TrackWetness = Dry
AmbientTemp = 30
TrackTemp = 36
}
Qualify
{
Conditions = Best
TrackWetness = Dry
AmbientTemp = 29
TrackTemp = 34
}
Warmup
{
Conditions = Best
TrackWetness = Dry
AmbientTemp = 24
TrackTemp = 29
}
Race
{
Conditions = Nice
TrackWetness = Dry
AmbientTemp = 28
TrackTemp = 32
}
}
PitStopStrategies
{
Kevin Rodgers = 2 - 18,40
Drake Evans = 2 - 19,41
John Sullivan = 2 - 18,40
Eric Fuller = 2 - 29,41
Brandon Harvey = 1 - 35
Corbin Legly = 1 - 28
Greg Victors = 1 - 30
Jacob Lewis = 1 - 29
Chris Manning = 1 - 32
Bruce Underwood = 1 - 33
Joe Turnbill = 2 - 22,32
Rick Grouper = 2 - 23,33
Dan James = 1 - 33
Brian Smith = 1 - 27
Jack Cambell = 1 - 28
Zander Cage = 2 - 22,44
Wesley Crump = 1 - 35
Rick Adams = 1 - 36
Mike Lee = 1 - 27
Bob Taylor = 2 - 17,33
Elliot Matters = 2 - 18,36
Lindsey Reid = 1 - 32
}
SettingsFolder = Orchard Lake Road Course
SettingsCopy = Grip.svm
SettingsCopy = Orchard Lake.svm
SettingsAI = Orchard Lake.svm
Qualify Laptime = 55.669
Race Laptime = 55.869
}

Thanks & Regards

It doesn't work. The AIs pit when they decide to do (usually way late). It's very often to see Ai cars spining and crashing because they're running out of tires, but they still insist to keep on track.

Unfortunately, the AI racing in rF1 is quite bad.

the good news is, that I got the stuff working

- drivernames must exist in talent files of the mod
- the values are NOT indicating the lap with pitstop
- it depends on racelength (if written in .gdb file), may be racelength must be specified in .gdb to get it working ?

I think, these values are made for 100% length races.

If you have a racelength of 50 laps in .gdb file and you set your race to 10 laps (20 %), AI should pit one time during a race with values of 5 or 6.

Try it out ... have fun

Sounds cool, always wonder how many features like that are actually supported by rF1 but nobody ever used them as they are completely undocumented and ISI's own cars/tracks never use them.

Like for example .tdf file, I found you can actually make pretty realistic gravel and sand surfaces but all the rally tracks out there in past 7 years use completely wrong numbers because it takes lots and lots of trials and errors.

Sounds cool, always wonder how many features like that are actually supported by rF1 but nobody ever used them as they are completely undocumented and ISI's own cars/tracks never use them.

Like for example .tdf file, I found you can actually make pretty realistic gravel and sand surfaces but all the rally tracks out there in past 7 years use completely wrong numbers because it takes lots and lots of trials and errors.

hey mate, I spend some dozens of hours to improve gravel years ago, but never got satisfied. can you release an example track ?
PLEASE!

I will just post the gravel entry here and you can try it yourself. This is meant to simulate very dry gravel that used to be on pikes peak.

// Gravel
[FEEDBACK]
Dry=0.73 Wet=0.45 Resistance=1500.00 BumpAmp=0.025 BumpWavelen=10.0 Legal=false Spring=0.0 Damper=0.0 CollFrict=0.8 Sparks=0 Scraping=0 Sink=0.010 Sound=gravel
Reaction=dust Tex=DUSTRD.dds Max=512 Scale=(1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(5.0,4.0,40.0) ASDEnvelope=(2.0,0.5,3.0) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=tiresmoke Tex=DUSTRD.dds Max=1024 Scale=(1.0,1.0,1.0) Growth=(1.5,1.5,5.0) ASDEnvelope=(1.5,0.2,1.5) DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Reaction=softskid Tex=grvlbrown.tga Max=1024 TopSpeed=15 Pixel=NoReduceDetail Particle=Plane+Deformable+SingleSided DestBlend=InvSrcAlpha SrcBlend=SrcAlpha
Materials=grvl,gravell

Make sure material on your track of choose is called whatever Materials= says and that texture of your dust is called whatever Tex= says. Note that this quite high Growth= is to increase the graphical effect of going on gravel at speeds and tyresmoke line is there for generating cloud of dust when doing donuts etc.

It will never be perfect until a sim supports actual wheel digging into the surface, also FFB is the same as on tarmac, nothing I can do about that, but it's quite good.

ok, thanks mate !! :)

Thanks a lot GauchoRS. Will try this out and get back to you if I get stuck somewhere.

To understand correctly.

What youre saying is they will not stop at the exact lap i mention if i reduce the race length.

e.g. 50 lap race and i enter the value 1 pit stop at lap 20 (20/50=0.4). If i reduce the race length to 20% (10 laps) the AI will stop around lap 4 (4/10=0.4)
Same ratio will be maintained i.e. Pitstop lap / Total Laps

I hope i got it right :)

Thanks again.

Back