Player disco...unable to rejoin server...

MrDaniels

Hello.....my first post here :). We are running Rfactor/VHR over at FFRL.org and we have been having some weird ejection/disco issues plagueing us. Just about every race one driver will be disco'd when sessions move from practice to qual to happy hour to race. Most, if not all of these drivers are able to connect back to the server but we had an issue last night of a driver that kept getting joined time out error and was not able to reconnect at all...but was able to connect to other open servers. We tried re-setting the sessions...and even restarting the server but that one driver was "locked" out. He was finally able to reconnect to the server today though. What could be causing the random player drops between sessions??.....and how do you get a driver back on the server when he is "locked" out??. I should say I am not privy to the server setup...so I cannot give you any details to the specs of the server...sorry... :(

Well...he had rebooted his PC and re-set his router (not modem) last night but was still not able to re-connect. It was not untill today that he was able to connect...and it was to the server and track that he was denied access to the night before. Are there temp files on the server that hold this IP data???...and can they be dumped quickly to resolve this kind of issue?? Thanks for the link...I had read that earlier today before I posted.. :)

Back