Please help

lionheart97

I'm new to cpu racing and need some help! It will be much appreciated guys! I just bought a g27 wheel and have a cpu that will run rfactor. I want to race late models and more of the dirt racing games but I have no idea how to get to that point. Whats my next step? rfactor came with the wheel but i believe its a demo...how can i get to where I'm at now to racing? Thanks again!!!

You are almost there, and you're right about what came with the G27, except that it is the full install (someone correct me if I am wrong) but you only get a hour of driving time in it (so yes, it's basically a demo). Now all you have to do is go to rFactor and buy and download the unlocking code or coupon. I'm unsure as to which link or option from the list I chose, cause I don't recall there being that many options when I bought it, but I think all you need is the 2nd option.

As far as a good dirt mod goes, try going to http://rfactorcentral.com/ , you may have to register there to download anything, I don't recall, but it's worth it (free) if you have to.

thanks!I have purchased the game but
I have more questions though....

1. what is best rfactor properties for game?....windows 7? what resolution 256 color? etc?
2. please help me on how to configure my g27 wheel to work steering wise and led lights. I only want to play dirt oval racing
3. how do you download mods and how to upload in game....im clueless
4. i'm sure i'll be asking more...thanks again

Hey lionheart97, I just sent you a PM. But feel free to discuss it in this thread also.

And as far as properties for your game settings, you may just need to play with them for a while, or let us know what kind of computer specs you have. Thanks.

Scott

Hello again lionheart97, I'm not sure if you got the G27 LEDs working, so I tried to do the procedure as instructed in the link above, but I couldn't get my activation coupon to work properly for me, so I put the trymedia license folder back into where it was and finally got rFactor working again.

I'm still looking for some tracks that the dirt mod you downloaded will work with the best, I tried the mod with some BRL tracks earlier, and found it really hard to control using the default setup for the car (but it could be my driving...hehehe). I also had to run my G27 setting the opposite way. With the G27, I believe I just used the G25 controller setup and modified it alot to get started. Anyway, come back with what is working or what is not working for you, the community is here to help!

Scott

Back