Plugin development / Programming language

Achim Ennenbach

Hi all,
i'm going to create a program which should enable rFactor to simulate some kind of KERS and DRS. To get this working properly, i need some information thru the internals plugin api.
I have used several programming languages till now, but i have no expirience with C++ programming. Of course i was able to compile the example InternalsPlugin.dll and to write out the data as a text file, but that's not the way i want to interact with the plugin.

My question after all this introduction: Is it possible to create a plugin in C# or only C++?
Are DLLExports needed for the interaction between dll and rFactor?
As far as i have seen in the example, only "useless" functions like GetPluginName are defined for dllexport...

I hope that somebody is able to answer this. I don't want to spend to much time in trying to convert the example into C#...

My question after all this introduction: Is it possible to create a plugin in C# or only C++?
It is, but only if there's a SDK or any other kind of 'translator' or 'connector' for that specific language. See
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=rFactor2Python for an example in python.

... I don't want to spend to much time in trying to convert the example into C#...
I would spend no time on this, use C++ or any other language if there's a connector to rF (see above). Or create your own connector to C# (in C++ of course) :p

Thanks for your reply, Thomas. Of course not what i wanted to hear, but it's what i expected...

Back